Latest Q&A on The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
acetuner
New Starter
New Starter

Here's a pic to prove its out in the wild, is it a wreck car? (That blue car waaay out front)
Attachments
VW Beetle!
VW Beetle!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks like a Baja Buggy .... ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
acetuner
New Starter
New Starter

Wait, not a Beetle but just a Manx buggy? Or a Beetle with raid kit?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The English version of the Gamersyde interview.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde ... 64_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the Microtransactions:
• Perks and parts won't be available for purchase with real money in the game. Those who don't have time to play will be able to buy cars, but the game has not been designed like a pay-to-win, more like a pay-to-save-time-if-you-don't-have-any. The players who'll buy cars with real money will still have to play on order to compete against other players, as parts and perks only unlock as you gain levels - which can't be bought obviously.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Driftwood from Gamersyde was kind enough to make a transcription in English from the interview with Fergus. :rightthumbup:
First thing he explained was that even though there have been several iterations of the game through the course of its development (they even considered to try a futuristic setting), he made sure the original idea he had for the game would be there. The game's DNA hasn't changed, they've kept the same tag line from day one. They wanted a game where players would be free to explore, free to follow the main story (which might not be Shakespearian - his words - but which will resonate with most people - vengeance is something everyone can understand and relates to), compete against other players, to play co-op or simply go for a drive with friends.

He then said that the next gen element in The Crew can be found in the high density of things you see around you. It allowed them to make the environment a lot more lively than it would have been on 360/PS3. They started developing the game on 360 and PS3 but they quickly understood it would not be possible to do what they had in mind. There would have been fewer wild animals, les traffic, fewer details, the lighting would not have been as good as it is on next gen, etc.

He then explained that sound is next gen too, with more than 50 different sounds per car, upgrading your car will also modify the way it sounds, not just the way it looks.

The main story was implemented to give players a sort of guide to progress in the game.

He told me he got scared for a few minutes when Need for Speed The Run was first announced, but was then relieved when he saw what it was. He assumes there has never been a true successor to Test Drive Unlimited because of the technology to develop such a concept. He's proud of what they have achieved, they came up with the technology, it started with TDU (since most of the team used to be part of Eden Studios) and they have worked a lot to improve it for The Crew.

When it comes to mods on PC, he told me he would not help players but he would not prevent them from modifying the game either, as long as it's not for cheating purposes. Basically, it will be just like TDU. At the time he hadn't given any tools to the community and they came up with great mods.

Finally, although he wouldn't say what precisely, he has a lot of ideas for the future of the franchise. All he said was that if the game is successful enough, the experience will not stop at the US. ;)

It's pretty much it, the rest is not that important, or it's old news. Hope it helps.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Hey thanks for that translation MadManCK :text-+1:
Some interesting stuff especially this.
All he said was that if the game is successful enough, the experience will not stop at the US
Image Image
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's some statement :)
I'm digging it :2thumbsup:
\/8

MadManCK wrote:The English version of the Gamersyde interview.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde ... 64_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the Microtransactions:
• Perks and parts won't be available for purchase with real money in the game. Those who don't have time to play will be able to buy cars, but the game has not been designed like a pay-to-win, more like a pay-to-save-time-if-you-don't-have-any. The players who'll buy cars with real money will still have to play on order to compete against other players, as parts and perks only unlock as you gain levels - which can't be bought obviously.
Now that's the type of microtransactions that doesn't bother me and I don't care if they are in the game. Good news. :rightthumbup:
So The Crew 2 in Europe maybe? ;) :spy:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Hey thanks for that translation MadManCK :text-+1:
Some interesting stuff especially this.
All he said was that if the game is successful enough, the experience will not stop at the US
Yes, i think Stéphane is crazy enough to map the middle and South Amerika, so you will be able to do the trans American Highway for example. Drive through Mexico, visit some Maya temples in Guatamala, do some epic chases through the jungle, drive all the way down to the Inca temples in Peru and Bolivia, visit lake Ttiticaca, drive further down Chile, take a turn left, do some Camel Trophy like stuff in the Jungle while anacondas crawl over your car, do the car samba in Brazil, don't cry in Argentina and watch the sunrise on the far south of the continent.

I know this sounds crazy. But this is what i would do if i had the technology they have developed. And i think Fergus wants to map the whole world. If he gets the chance he will.

Now, let that sink in a little. And maybe start with something smaller. Some island maybe. Something with flowers and bikinis... :2thumbsup:

It all depends on how successful the Crew will be. There is already new content be prepared for years to come. What that will be is a secret. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_exclusive ... 67_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Crew Game”