The Crew Delayed

No votes

Total votes: 0
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs and The Crew have been delayed. Both titles were previously set for Ubisoft’s current fiscal year (which ends on March 31, 2014) but will now be released in the following fiscal year instead.

According to the announcement it could be as late as July 1 and September 30, 2014 :eeek:

Link
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hmm, i hope it is not GTA V related. A little competition is good for us.

But a mega project like this can run in to some serious issues quickly. In the end the results count.
Maybe some life extender for TDU2 as well. As long as there is still someone around to pick up the pieces.

Funny guys at Ivory, i did send them a mail a while back and did get an answer.... in French :eeek:

Still think the Crew will be THE driving game of next year. And if it takes a little longer to finish properly, so be it.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

They might be adding more cars to the vehicle list. They received a lot of negative responses to that "over 40 vehicles" fiasco, so maybe they're making an effort to sort that out! Although I couldn't think of a valid reason for them to hold back Watch Dogs...
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im happy to wait as long as they need as long as its a finished game at release none of this early access rubbish im so over that rubbish i don't want a bug free game but i just want working game lol that i can enjoy not stuff like dam invisible tree or lol i glitched out here or found checkpoint glitch and jumped over here

Too much to ask lol :text-lol:
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well probably it isn't GTA V related, because Watch dogs (also Ubisoft) is also delayed. It seems Ubisoft has some problems and Watch Dogs is even worse delayed from november till June/July next year.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Damn, GTA first now the crew, seems like no one can release games on time. Not saying this is a bad thing, as more development time is always a good thing, but i don't get how companies with experience can't come up with reliable release dates.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There will always be a tension between creative ingenuity and business deadlines.

Some things remain unforseen. But this delay is a pretty long one.
I hope it has no other reasons, like the lame budget cuts Eden had to suffer from. Remember they got 6 extra months to deliver and failed even then.

The Crew deserves to be developed properly. Maybe UbiSoft realizes that, and don't screw the project like Atari did.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Crew Game”