No New Need For Speed In 2014

Want it, Get it, Got it !
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Good news or bad?
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The EA Milking machine comes to its senses? :eeek:

Maybe they finally came to the conclusion they are killing the franchise with the way NFS games are pumped out right now.
It is like making too many clones and sell them as new, but leaving out crucial parts and dumbing things even more down.

Time to rethink, regroup, do some careful stockpicking and create something special that everybody wants to play again.
Graphics, Car Sounds and Gaming environment have always been very good. But the driving model has become pre-teen oriented BS only and gameplay is more of the same.
An overhaul of the concept and a massive open world are what is needed to get NFS back on track.

Improved driving dynamics and back to NFS basics would be a nice bonus as well.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:The EA Milking machine comes to its senses? :eeek:

Maybe they finally came to the conclusion they are killing the franchise with the way NFS games are pumped out right now.
It is like making too many clones and sell them as new, but leaving out crucial parts and dumbing things even more down.
I don't think they came to their senses as much as they realized they are out of ideas for milking the franchise. But they aren't idiots either; they probably know that the Need for Speed would be overshadowed by The Crew, and their sales figures wouldn't be very impressive. I would like to see them make another Underground game in a big open world with a lot of customization. But I'm just dreaming at that point because super cars sell, not tuner cars.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “Need for Speed Games”