New NFS announced on 21st

Want it, Get it, Got it !
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Boxxout3 wrote:Not posted here in a while, but always online should be seen through a different perspective. I think it's a good thing. That is fantastic, and should be kept this way.
That is not fantastic, that is horrible. Image

Havin’ always-online also means you have zero ownership of the game in the end. You’re payin’ for a rental and have to rely every bit on EA, which isn’t exactly an appealin’ thought.

Boxxout3 wrote:People can't mod saves and hack online to gain an unfair advantage (at least not very easily). This means that saves can be monitored easier by dev teams and those who do find a way to exploit can be dealt with a lot quicker.
Indeed, but all you said is only related to the multiplayer side of a game. Many people still prefer to go alone, makin’ everything you just said useless to them.
Boxxout3 wrote:The only problem I have is when the always online servers are bad. EA knows how to screw servers up so don't think this will be any better.
That’s not the only problem, that’s really not the only problem...
  • What if PSN/XBL go down like they do once in a while? Have fun!
  • Some people don’t even have internet connection and/or be able to connect their system to internet.
  • Once the servers are shutdown permanently, you can’t play the game ever again. Good luck sellin’ it either because no one else is gonna be able to play it too.
  • Always online might mean there are always other players in the map with you. Lookin’ at the NFS demographic, most of them will no doubt be trolls/noobs that will just ruin the gameplay instead of makin’ it more "exciting".
  • Some people just prefers offline solo gaming. Nothing wrong with that. Consumers should be allowed a choice instead of havin’ it shoved down their throats.

The "always online" is simply about control over the user and the game itself, how and when he or she get to play and then tryin' to get that user base move onto the next installment once the company have shut off the servers.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

I understand what you are saying, and I do understand that certain people don't have internet. But at the end of the day, I just wanted to point out the positives so people could see both sides of the argument rather than one.

As to anything, there are good points and bad points. I like to balance the both and understand both sides (doesn't mean I can't make my own decision out of it).

I do understand that when certain games go down, you won't be able to play them. There are other games you could be playing, but I do get the frustration. It happens with destiny, albeit very rarely because their servers are top notch and well invested.

I do understand once the support has gone from the game, then people cannot play it. Overall this is a problem for many people, but for me it is not because at the end of the day, a game will NOT last me ten years (or whenever the servers die off which is usually that amount of time). And also I don't bother selling games anyway since I buy digitally.

To conclude, yes, I do know there are more problems ( I didn't have all the time in the world last night to go on about things and elaborate), but for me none of these Issues affect me too much.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As long as there is an "end patch", that let you continue to play when a game goes offline, i see no real problems. Only for people who want to hack or crack the game. And that is part of the reasons why they have to take these security measures. Also to control the game. And gather statistics. Multiple reasons why they choose to do so.

You will see this more and more, online DRM. The Crew is like that also. But that is an online only game. For games with a single player mode, it may be less logical, but from a security point of view it is.

Anyway, i expect a lot of NFS players to leave The Crew. And that is good for the Crew as well. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I gotta say, the really bad dubstep and the drifting killed my excitement.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

loool and the styling & drifting raized mine :mrgreen:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Prepsi wrote:I gotta say, the really bad dubstep and the drifting killed my excitement.
:text-+1:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

From what I'v heard, it's a drift spec and there are different camera modes, for some reason they chose to use this live action camera for the stream. I liked the customization of the body kits, rims and performance upgrades, but so far not impressed with the stickers, they used a custom preset, I hope there is more to it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote:From what I'v heard, it's a drift spec and there are different camera modes, for some reason they chose to use this live action camera for the stream. I liked the customization of the body kits, rims and performance upgrades, but so far not impressed with the stickers, they used a custom preset, I hope there is more to it.
I'm with you on this. :text-+1:
But its still early days yet so I'm still on the fence. :party:
Image Image
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

Looks ike prepsi does not like aerochord.. :P
The game looks sick tbh.. Dont know what gliches are yet to come but hopefully it will be good. :2thumbsup:

Return to “Need for Speed Games”