GRID 2

Be fast, be first, be famous
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:Just had the worse online session so far. I got RED for being rammed 5x in a race. This game FAILS in rewarding and penalizing the drivers who avoid and CAUSE the accident. Still level 10. Not so cool. :evil:
Ohhh... I'd be seeing red too. I got into a similar race and dropped down to yellow for the first time, and it was the same deal, people ramming me, though I might have used the opponents door to help guide me through the inside line a couple times... nothing overly aggressive though. ;)

Bounced right back to green and progressed from lvl 6 to 10 overall so far today. On a lunch break now.
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Haven't had time to play the last 2 days, been enjoying the sun :happy-sunny:

We don't get much of it in the UK any more so have to make the most of it when we get it :happy-sunshine:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Haven't had time to play the last 2 days, been enjoying the sun :happy-sunny:

We don't get much of it in the UK any more so have to make the most of it when we get it :happy-sunshine:
Lol, nice weather here too.:happy-sunny:
Maybe better to enjoy that than getting frustrated at the weekenders who try to get rid of their frustration by ramming everything and everyone on the track.
Maybe a good advice to avoid weekend racing online, lol. :laughing-rolling:
medcave wrote: Ohhh... I'd be seeing red too. I got into a similar race and dropped down to yellow for the first time, and it was the same deal, people ramming me, though I might have used the opponents door to help guide me through the inside line a couple times... nothing overly aggressive though. ;)

Bounced right back to green and progressed from lvl 6 to 10 overall so far today.
If you get red for your own mistakes, all right. But i actually tried to avoid contact. Anyway, F1 Qualifying right now.
But that penalty system really is not working the way it should. And most certainly not like the devs explained. I gave them some appropriate "feedback". Probably not in the most subtle vocabulary :teasing-nutkick: :laughing-rolling:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I saw "Disq." (not to be confused with DNF) show up on the race results for the first time. I saw the car disappear in front of me, but I didn't see what might have led up to him being disqualified. Didn't even know that was possible. Excessive corner cutting?

The first few groups I raced with this morning were well behaved. I actually had a string of 12 or 14 races where I never finished below 3rd. Then I made the mistake of checking out my Showroom and the next bunch were a mixture of high level racers and yellow noobies. I was lucky to finish 6th/mid-pack during that session. :)

PS Speaking of nice weather... it was clear and 58F cool here this morning...in Texas, in June, almost summer. We've only had one 100F day so far. Usually at least a dozen by now. It was so nice I was mowing my yard at 7am. Wake up everybody! :laughing-rolling:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have seen guys being DQ a few times. But only after one of them turned the track into a bowling alley. :laughing-rolling:

Luckily for you your neighbor is not that Texas chainsaw guy. Or maybe he is... :eeek:

If you are lucky to encounter a fair group, stick with it. 8-)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:I have seen guys being DQ a few times. But only after one of them turned the track into a bowling alley. :laughing-rolling:

Luckily for you your neighbor is not that Texas chainsaw guy. Or maybe he is... :eeek:

If you are lucky to encounter a fair group, stick with it. 8-)

Ha no, I'm the one with the chainsaw. :D

On Memorial Day weekend the neighbors (a few doors down) partied in their boat dock/pavilion until 4am. I would have given them the 7am wake-up "call" then but figured they hadn't been passed out long enough to notice. Bet they did this morning! :D

Good advice on sticking with a fair group, but I was due for a break unfortunately.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Mad's not laying it on thick.. in the lobby we were in it was every racer for himself... total chaos cars and wrecks everywhere, complete carnaget :twisted:

And i too have noticed the shift in the players skill level, i think all the NFS dummies finally stepped away from NFS (aka crab games as of the last years), because NFS is all about being first at all costs... Like when being passed by a dummy then he swings into me on a strait that is 4 or 5 cars wide .. only the miss his braking point at the turn of the strait on the Indianapolis track. a pure nooby NFS / Russian drivers tactic 101 :loll:

Im looking forwade to those idiots going back to school (where they belong) :mrgreen: so the grown-ups can play the game, the way it is meant to be played :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That was fun, racing with Medcave and Bear ;)

:auto-swerve:

medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bear304 wrote:
Im looking forwade to those idiots going back to school (where they belong) :mrgreen: so the grown-ups can play the game, the way it is meant to be played :mrgreen:
You have a lot more hrs in the game than I do, but from what I saw today I believe most of the kiddies have already decided the game is too hard and have moved on to the next big thing. It really didn't seem that bad, at least not as bad as last weekend, imo.
MadManCK wrote:That was fun, racing with Medcave and Bear ;)
:
Yes it was! My arms are sore. lol

I'll be ready to do it all over again tomorrow though. Lets try to flood the lobby with G2 Team-mates, eh? :)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:That was fun, racing with Medcave and Bear ;)

:auto-swerve:

Mmhhm that it was :) we should it together more often, and not just be lonewolves in the lobbies 8-)

Hmm being lvl 30 i can finally relax in this game :D So must of the time i'm in 1st if the guy in 2nd is a friend or just plain good low lvl .. then i just let them by :mrgreen: Even though it has the smell of F1's teamorders to it, but i don't care... because as of late i'm only racing for the enjoyment of it 8-)

So now you know if you see me slowdown in corners ;) Medcave sure knows what i'm talking about :lol:
_______
And sorry for ruining the lobby by racing my fully tuned Audi R8 GT3 like it was time-attrack in a 5 lap race :( set a 36 sec time on Red Bull Ring :lol: and ended up being over 10 sec's ahead of the next cars (Merc SLR GT3's and Mclaren MP4-12C GT3's) :dance: after that display about 6 players left the lobby :loll:

Return to “Grid 2”