GRID 2

Be fast, be first, be famous
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

ken87 wrote:Is this game any good I have seen a lot of mixed reviews about it ,I have the first grid and while it was good I felt it was a little of a letdown.
I like it. Fun little racer. Handling is Arcade with a touch of realism. Oversteer is a bit exaggerated but manageable. FFB is very good. Especially with my CSW. On hard or very hard setting it is a tough game to beat. Even on default it can be a challenge sometimes. Nice variation in driving styles and achievements. Online can be a mess and also a lot of fun. Check out some of my vids to get a better impression. :geek:

:auto-swerve:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:We just did the 40 minutes endurance race for the "Every Second Counts" objective on Racenet, lol.
Managed to do over 120.000m in a T1 Giuilietta on a "Live-Routes" course in Barcelona. The ever changing environment is a real challenge. Keeping it out of the walls is almost impossible. I added some Ai drivers to fill the field on "Hard" settings. Unfortunately they spun Luny a few times, while Bear and i had an Epic Battle for about 15 minutes. Last part of the race was a lonely affair. Maybe next time a 15 min race or so is better, hahaha.
But the achievements are unlocked 8-)

Epic stuff
Great race, lol long battle back and fort 8-) the kinda racing i hunger after :loll: But 40 minutes is a long time to race a changing track again you (Madman), lost focus for one blink and bammm dead stop wall after that :shock: managed to used all my flashes which gave Madman a 2-3 km lead at the end of the race :mrgreen:

Next if it's only 15 minutes i got you :woot:
It's a great game, but if you don't like corner drifting, don't bother :lol: because drifting is a little forced in the game, but some also torque-steer (the FWD hot hatches) while the rest either understeer (mostly 4WD) or oversteer / drift :mrgreen:

But it is a blast to race in, very intensifying racing, and the sounds and car handling is good 8-)

If you like track and closed course then you love GRID2 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:
Great race, lol long battle back and fort 8-) the kinda racing i hunger after :loll: But 40 minutes is a long time to race a changing track again you (Madman), lost focus for one blink and bammm dead stop wall after that :shock: managed to used all my flashes which gave Madman a 2-3 km lead at the end of the race :mrgreen:

Yes, unfortunately i was trying to record the whole race, but i had to stop after 5 min or so, because of bad FPS drops, which made me mis my braking points a couple of times.
Even with a fast HDD, FRAPS recording at 60fps and full HD while racing does not always work fluently. The recording worked just fine BTW.
I made a video of the first 5 minutes and the last 4 combined.
A large part of the Battle between me and Bear is not recorded. But he was leading the race for about 5-8 minutes or so after he passed. I only managed to get past him again after 15 minutes in the race.
Although i did put the Ai drivers on Hard to fill the field, i never saw them again after the first few laps. Lunytricks was less fortunate, after the spin at the fountain, rumored to be caused by a smoke, she was caught in a battle with the Ai. And Ai traffic in GRID2 is worse than TDU2. Believe it or not. They ram you off track like if it is an online event with idiots.

The small video i made from this race is uploading now to Youtube. I will post the link in the GRID2 Video thread as soon as it is ready 8-)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

ken87
New Starter
New Starter

Thanks a lot guys it's off to steam I go. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:
Bear304 wrote:

Yes, unfortunately i was trying to record the whole race, but i had to stop after 5 min or so, because of bad FPS drops, which made me mis my braking points a couple of times.
Even with a fast HDD, FRAPS recording at 60fps and full HD while racing does not always work fluently. The recording worked just fine BTW.
I made a video of the first 5 minutes and the last 4 combined.
A large part of the Battle between me and Bear is not recorded. But he was leading the race for about 5-8 minutes or so after he passed. I only managed to get past him again after 15 minutes in the race.
Although i did put the Ai drivers on Hard to fill the field, i never saw them again after the first few laps. Lunytricks was less fortunate, after the spin at the fountain, rumored to be caused by a smoke, she was caught in a battle with the Ai. And Ai traffic in GRID2 is worse than TDU2. Believe it or not. They ram you off track like if it is an online event with idiots.

The small video i made from this race is uploading now to Youtube. I will post the link in the GRID2 Video thread as soon as it is ready 8-)

Arh that's to bad .. but well, just like watching Le Mans and the TV stations shift to another channel or stop the broadcasting and you are left in the dark :loll:

Well i guess we'll be the only ones who know what happed in the unfilmed time of the race

Looking forward to reseeing the early part of the race 8-)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sounds like you lot had a lot of fun can't wait to see the video :auto-swerve:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i've had the idea after yesterdays endurance race, that we could get the GRID2 team together and make a field of friends instead of the crazy AI replacement drivers..!

Maybe we could set a date for some group racing, which btw. is a alot more fun than the AI drivers :lol:

What are you feelings towards this :?:
_______

Atm. i don't know any date for this, just had an idea to put some organized racing together ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sounds good I could er.....stay at the back and record the race :loll:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:Hmm i've had the idea after yesterdays endurance race, that we could get the GRID2 team together and make a field of friends instead of the crazy AI replacement drivers..!

Maybe we could set a date for some group racing, which btw. is a alot more fun than the AI drivers :lol:

That was my original idea for these events and the GRID2 Team Steam Group. In fact one of the reasons i created the GRID2 Team. To race and have some fun with friends.
We need to pick a time when everybody is online. Maybe in the afternoon (CEST).

The Ai filler was just an experiment that is a bit pointless on live routes. On a regular track you will have to deal with them more than once :laughing-rolling:

Another option it to create an open session. But you will never know who enters the lobby than.
Most fun is with a large group

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Hmm i've had the idea after yesterdays endurance race, that we could get the GRID2 team together and make a field of friends instead of the crazy AI replacement drivers..!

That was my original idea for these events and the GRID2 Team Steam Group.
We need to pick a time when everybody is online. Maybe in the afternoon (CEST).

The Ai filler was just an experiment that is a bit pointless on live routes. On a regular track you will have to deal with them more than once :laughing-rolling:

Another option it to create an open session. But you will never know who enters the lobby than.
Most fun is with a large group

Hmm with that above in mind, we can set a time and a date for a custom race with friends and members 8-)

How do you feel about maybe doing a few races after 19.00 EU time one of these coming days ?

We can set a solid date when we know who wants to play and when it suits them best, and make a date and time that fits us all

I'm at the moment game for during a race most days, seeing as i have summer break 8-)
_________
Edt. This event planing will continue in Madman's new GRID2 events thread
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=544
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Grid 2”