Short impression after 50 hours of play in GRID2
; Just finished WSR4 and now entering the final season WSR5. Managed to win most events in one try on both hard and default levels. So far tried one event on very hard and ended up 4th. Choice of car matters lol.
Still have to work on my drift skillz. Those events take a bit longer to pass.
; 151 events entered, won 40, 71 podium places. Longest drift 257m, lol.
The good stuff
* GRID2 keeps getting you involved with a fast action paced package. Adrenaline rush every time.
* Excellent wheel support for my Club Sport Wheel
* Ability do do lots of things online, including custom events, challenges and races.
A few minor down points
* Drifting is forced and doesn't slow you down.
* Rammers in races don't get penalized enough, making them keep on doing it.
* Connections are very unstable sometimes, resulting in disconnect from race lobbies.
* No Bug Fixes yet, but they did release an 'unlock all cars' patch
Certainly some room for improvements there.
Conclusion after 50 hours of play
Most definitely a recommendable game. Lots of fun and if you are in a fair race lobby a blast to play online as well.
The weekly challenges are indeed very challenging as well. Pushing you and your friends to the limits.
Hackers and cheaters have found their way unfortunately, but most players play a relatively fair game.
If you didn't grab it already, do so. It rocks