GRID 2

Be fast, be first, be famous
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I don't think I'll bother coming online with you guys the only time I will see you is on the starting line :loll: :laughing-rolling:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:I don't think I'll bother coming online with you guys the only time I will see you is on the starting line :loll: :laughing-rolling:
Heh Bezrider .. Nah... Just stay clean in the start then your will be alright :D

It is the drivers who clean in the start who go om to win the race :mrgreen:
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bear304 wrote: Mmhhm that it was :) we should it together more often, and not just be lonewolves in the lobbies 8-)

Hmm being lvl 30 i can finally relax in this game :D So must of the time i'm in 1st if the guy in 2nd is a friend or just plain good low lvl .. then i just let them by :mrgreen: Even though it has the smell of F1's teamorders to it, but i don't care... because as of late i'm only racing for the enjoyment of it 8-)

So now you know if you see me slowdown in corners ;) Medcave sure knows what i'm talking about
:lol:
_______
And sorry for ruining the lobby by racing my fully tuned Audi R8 GT3 like it was time-attrack in a 5 lap race :( set a 36 sec time on Red Bull Ring :lol: and ended up being over 10 sec's ahead of the next cars (Merc SLR GT3's and Mclaren MP4-12C GT3's) :dance: after that display about 6 players left the lobby :loll:
What? I just thought you had a blow-out or spilled your favorite beverage or something. LOL

Hey, I need all the help I can get at this point! (THX) The levels came easy last weekend, but this one has been a grind... part of it because so many have reached the higher levels and attained the better cars. Those Catterhams just blow by me in T3, seemingly no matter which line taken. Oh well, it's just a matter of time. I have plenty of funds now, just need a few more levels.

Advice to those taking their time in SP, get online sooner than later. It's not getting any easier out there. :handgestures-thumbup:
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

medcave wrote:
Bear304 wrote: Mmhhm that it was :) we should it together more often, and not just be lonewolves in the lobbies 8-)

Hmm being lvl 30 i can finally relax in this game :D So must of the time i'm in 1st if the guy in 2nd is a friend or just plain good low lvl .. then i just let them by :mrgreen: Even though it has the smell of F1's teamorders to it, but i don't care... because as of late i'm only racing for the enjoyment of it 8-)

So now you know if you see me slowdown in corners ;) Medcave sure knows what i'm talking about
:lol:
_______
And sorry for ruining the lobby by racing my fully tuned Audi R8 GT3 like it was time-attrack in a 5 lap race :( set a 36 sec time on Red Bull Ring :lol: and ended up being over 10 sec's ahead of the next cars (Merc SLR GT3's and Mclaren MP4-12C GT3's) :dance: after that display about 6 players left the lobby :loll:
What? I just thought you had a blow-out or spilled your favorite beverage or something. LOL

Hey, I need all the help I can get at this point! (THX) The levels came easy last weekend, but this one has been a grind... part of it because so many have reached the higher levels and attained the better cars. Those Catterhams just blow by me in T3, seemingly no matter which line taken. Oh well, it's just a matter of time. I have plenty of funds now, just need a few more levels.

Advice to those taking their time in SP, get online sooner than later. It's not getting any easier out there. :handgestures-thumbup:
Hmm yea .. tire blow-out that was it :lol: But lol glad to help :)

And yes, i played 10-15 hours in SP and then i took MP by storm, played about 75 hours in total :mrgreen:

Im avenging a 3rd place in about 300 races :woot:

And the Caterham or (Haterham) is my favorite car in the game, Audi R8 2nd. And yes it is a freaking Le Mans prototype .. it even says LOLA (aka builders of many LMP2 race cars) on the rear bumper :loll:

And im not really pushing it in the corners, the downforce it crazy, it just keeps on gripping .. you run out of nerves before grip :mrgreen:
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Well I made it to "orange" this weekend for the first time. Decided to check out the "Everything" category and found myself in a drift race. Apparently they frown on you smacking into the car in front of you... twice. Hey, it was an accident! :loll:

PS Overall stats:
10% first place
40% podium
4th place average

after ~150 races or so. (not bad for a geezer) :)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey in light of Medcave's sharing of his stats, then i would like show mine 8-)

So here is my stats:
  • Total events entered = 355
  • Km and miles driven = 3537,5 km / 2198,1 miles
  • Events won (1st) = 17,7 %
  • Podiums (top 3) = 53,2 %
  • Event finishes 4+ = 46,8 %
This gives me a respectable win ratio in this game of = 0,18 (Just about 1 win in every 5 races)
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bear304 wrote:Hey in light of Medcave's sharing of his stats, then i would like show mine 8-)

So here is my stats:
  • Km and miles driven = 3537,5 km / 21981 miles
This gives me a respectable win ratio in this game of = 0,18 (Just about 1 win in every 5 races)
Ha... I figured you were way up there in stats, not to mention all the races you've given away too. :handgestures-thumbup:

BTW... your mileage conversion is off a bit. That should read 2198.1 miles. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

medcave wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Hey in light of Medcave's sharing of his stats, then i would like show mine 8-)

So here is my stats:
  • Km and miles driven = 3537,5 km / 21981 miles
Ha... I figured you were way up there in stats, not to mention all the races you've given away too. :handgestures-thumbup:

BTW... your mileage conversion is off a bit. That should read 2198.1 miles. ;)
Okay thanks, not used to miles xD i will update it
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Short impression after 50 hours of play in GRID2

Offline; Just finished WSR4 and now entering the final season WSR5. Managed to win most events in one try on both hard and default levels. So far tried one event on very hard and ended up 4th. Choice of car matters lol.
Still have to work on my drift skillz. Those events take a bit longer to pass.

Online; 151 events entered, won 40, 71 podium places. Longest drift 257m, lol. 8-)

The good stuff:

* GRID2 keeps getting you involved with a fast action paced package. Adrenaline rush every time.
* Excellent wheel support for my Club Sport Wheel
* Ability do do lots of things online, including custom events, challenges and races.
* Racenet

A few minor down points:

* Drifting is forced and doesn't slow you down.
* Rammers in races don't get penalized enough, making them keep on doing it.
* Connections are very unstable sometimes, resulting in disconnect from race lobbies.
* No Bug Fixes yet, but they did release an 'unlock all cars' patch :naughty:

Certainly some room for improvements there.

Conclusion after 50 hours of play:

Most definitely a recommendable game. Lots of fun and if you are in a fair race lobby a blast to play online as well.
The weekly challenges are indeed very challenging as well. Pushing you and your friends to the limits.
Hackers and cheaters have found their way unfortunately, but most players play a relatively fair game.
If you didn't grab it already, do so. It rocks :banana-dance:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just finished the offline events. 35M fans :woot:

65 hours of gameplay so far and really enjoying it :banana-dance:

I decided to give myself a treat and created a custom event in the Indycars on Very Hard and won the race :eeek:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Grid 2”