Grid1?

Be fast, be first, be famous
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Has anyone here played G1 yet? I've had it for years, but haven't actually played it for some reason. Now I don't want to play it so as not to prejudice how I'll feel about G2. How is it compared to the modern racing games?

BTW There is already a G2 review out to subscribers of a German magazine, and they say G1 fans will be disappointed.

(glad I played TDU2 before TDU due to the loss of physics in 2)
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

I've beaten it 3 times out of pure love for the game. The damage physics are incredible and it has awesome graphics. The driving physics always felt ridiculously loose though. It takes getting used to, but it's a lot of fun, especially the derby races.
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

The only thing I hated a bit was the drifting. Beaten it 2 times had it also on launch one of the most fun drivinggames of those days. Indeed the physics was something to get used to, but if you mastered it ...
Last edited by SpeedFreak.be on Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

SpeedFreak.be wrote:The only thing I hated a bit was the drifting.
Drifting contests or the car's handling? I really dislike being required to pass a series of drifting contests in Dirt 3, but fortunately once you get past that first level, you don't have to do more. The drifting on dirt and ice during actual racing is expected, so not disagreeable.
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

medcave wrote:
SpeedFreak.be wrote:The only thing I hated a bit was the drifting.
Drifting contests or the car's handling? I really dislike being required to pass a series of drifting contests in Dirt 3, but fortunately once you get past that first level, you don't have to do more. The drifting on dirt and ice during actual racing is expected.
If I'm right (don't know for sure) you could skip them.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've been playing it off and on the last few days just for the fun, and yes the handling dose take a bit of getting used to :auto-layrubber:
Image Image
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:I've been playing it off and on the last few days just for the fun, and yes the handling dose take a bit of getting used to :auto-layrubber:
Especially with severely damaged suspension which is inevitable, especially in the open wheel series' lol

I was a pro drifter in Grid...I always used the Toyota AE86 :mrgreen:

Did anyone else buy the DLC packs? I had a lot of fun with those! Sadly, the cars were for arcade mode only...I wanted to use the Veyron in career mode): I never understood why you couldn't buy the Porsche 911 in career mode either. Strange -_-
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just me doing a bit of racing in GRID 1 today :D

Image Image

Return to “Grid 2”