Game progress not saving anymore?

Be fast, be first, be famous
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

Great game, but I have this problem where by my game progress is no longer saving for some reason, I have the PC Steam version of the game which was working fine, I have the Eurorand races to do and the promo event the Mustang overtake one on the cote d'azur, I can do them and win them and then go on to do the second season of the WSR, but if I quit out the game, and then return later, I am back at the point where I still have to do the Eurorand races and the promo event and it is quite frustrating so any help would be appreciated?
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hey DJC 8-)

I have seen some similar posts on the GRID2 Tech help, but no solutions yet.

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRI ... hnicalhelp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to Join the GRID2 Team Steam Group, just sent me an invite and i'll add you to the Team 8-)

:character-blues:

Edit: i see you already made a post there
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

Where are the save games stored?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

davejc64 wrote:Where are the save games stored?
Saves are synced with the steam Cloud, if you got the Steam version.

Normally i would think they were in

Documents/My games/GRID2

Just like Skyrim or other games. But it is not there or hidden. :?

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

I beginning to think it might be a connection issue and that the game saves are kept on the servers and due to the fact I seem to get disconnected while I am playing the game is not saving properly, I have sent an email to codemasters to see if they can help, I have already fiddled with my firewall settings to see if that was the problem I will keep trying various things until something works or I get a reply from codemasters! :roll:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Haven't checked this out but worth a try:
Image Image
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

Good news I seem to have solved the problem by verifying the game files on steam, it re downloaded some files and seems to have fixed it! :woot:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

davejc64 wrote:Good news I seem to have solved the problem by verifying the game files on steam, it re downloaded some files and seems to have fixed it! :woot:
That feature is a real cool option on Steam. Also prevents you from having to download complete games again and only stick to the missing files.

Good to hear it worked out.

davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

I've now had another strange occurrence, I loaded the game earlier to get the message that the DLC files were corruppt and that I had to download them again, a quick file verify on steam sorted that no problem, has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? :think:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

davejc64 wrote:I've now had another strange occurrence, I loaded the game earlier to get the message that the DLC files were corruppt and that I had to download them again, a quick file verify on steam sorted that no problem, has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? :think:
If you get more similar messages like that, maybe your HDD is EOL or very full. Run some tests.

Just in case defrag your HDD or only the Steam folder. Will boot games faster as well.

Return to “Grid 2”