GRID2 Corrupted Save Fixed !

Be fast, be first, be famous
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You probably had heard already that some players suffer from corrupted saves.
Today was my turn. Not so cool if you are L30, finished the WSR and are involved in Daily Races and doing Global Challenges.

After 2 hours i'm L8 now. Probably L10 before dinner.
It still pisses me off that, despite the cloud saves, there is no option to return to a previous save or to clean your save somehow.

Anyway lots of racing to do before L30 is within reach again.
I'm seriously considering the n00b unlock pack. But that would also be a wrong signal, giving them more money for their faillures....

Probably stick with what i've got.

:character-blues:

EDIT: Solved it by retrying 5x in a row, including going back to the start screen. Still have to retry a few times every time i log in now.
Thanks to Lunytrickz, who got a similar problem and solved it this way

EDIT: After many complaints from players, codies released a patch that has fixed the save issues. Very cool indeed.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Its a real twat when something like that happens especially when you are so far on in the game, I had a similar problem with a Borderlands save and it said my save game did not match the cloud save and gave me the option to pick the one I wanted to use to synchronise my saves. :o

Did you not get this option ? :think:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It doesn't work like that with Grid2

I'm already at L12 again. It won't take me long to get back to L30.
But an option to go back to a previous uncorrupted save from the cloud is absent.
Online and offline games are completely separate and i already did the offline once. It does not unlock extra cars or options online. So i'll stick to online racing with the new profile. NP.

Worst part about the Codemaster games is their customer support. Despite the countless threads on their Technical Support page, they do not react on questions, suggestions or bug reports. Only one or two threads about known errors at release are mentioned.
I had some contact with Loore before. But that was in regard to releasing new DLC. All 'bout the money....

It is a cool game, but there are some obvious bugs and weird mistakes. It seems like they are only interested in milking it as much as they can with already 3 new DLC after release in addition to the 3 pre order DLC that are also available for everybody now for top dollars.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi

MadManCK wrote:It doesn't work like that with Grid2

I'm already at L12 again. It won't take me long to get back to L30.
But an option to go back to a previous uncorrupted save from the cloud is absent.
Online and offline games are completely separate and i already did the offline once. It does not unlock extra cars or options online. So i'll stick to online racing with the new profile. NP.

Worst part about the Codemaster games is their customer support. Despite the countless threads on their Technical Support page, they do not react on questions, suggestions or bug reports. Only one or two threads about known errors at release are mentioned.
I had some contact with Loore before. But that was in regard to releasing new DLC. All 'bout the money....

It is a cool game, but there are some obvious bugs and weird mistakes. It seems like they are only interested in milking it as much as they can with already 3 new DLC after release in addition to the 3 pre order DLC that are also available for everybody now for top dollars.

It happened to p51......
and just backup your save on a flash drive, that's how everyone does it, it works wonders. ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote: It happened to p51......
and just backup your save on a flash drive, that's how everyone does it, it works wonders. ;)
I know, he told me.

Backing up game saves is what i always do, especially with TDU2 :loll:
But the GRID2 save is hidden somewhere....

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK i got my old save working again.

If you get a Save Game corrupt message, just keep trying and go back to the start screen a few times.
Mine worked after the 5th attempt.

And now i still have to login 3 times or so before the game starts every time.
I also heard lots of players have the same issues. Must be related to last updates from either Steam or Grid2. :?

Anyway, i got it going again.

Still need to make a BU of my save. 8-)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Glad you got it sorted :woot:
Image Image

Return to “Grid 2”