Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, that is ToCA and Grid Combined, hahaha :2thumbsup:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

[tweet][/tweet]
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, a bit weird statement. Like this is not something really great. But they acknowledge that GRID2 could have been better.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grid_ ... lains.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The first is that we genuinely want our first next gen outing to be something really great, we don't want to have to rush and only put out a handful of tracks," he said. "We've got 22 locations in Autosport, the bulk of those are real world circuits, would all those have made it if we were to support next gen? Doubtful.

"Secondly, we're working our tech for next-gen now, as such, we're not quite ready. Again, we don't want to rush. Thirdly, after GRID 2 we sort of had something to prove, we wanted to leave the 'old gen' with a bit of a bang so to speak."

Walke also revealed that "Next-gen GRID will come in time, we're not going to rush that and get a game that can only run at 720/30 or something similar, next gen has to look and feel like 'next gen' for us."
They are still working on the technology to squeeze out the max from Next Gen Consoles. Interesting. Or are they simply waiting for more to be sold as the XB1 is still not even available in all countries right now. In any case, good news for PS3 and Xbox360 users, as this game will probably takes those consoles to the max.
But what will this implicate for the PC version of the game.... 8-)

Codemasters has formally announced GRID Autosport, confirming a June 27 release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/int ... autosport/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We’re very pleased today to announce GRID Autosport, the next game in the GRID series and descendant of TOCA Touring Cars
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

GRID 2 cockpit cam edition, they honestly could have made this dlc for grid 2
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Even though this game has potential, I don't feel like it has anything we haven't already seen in the series. There's going to have to be some serious variety in race types for it to spike my interest. I still would have liked to see a reboot of ToCA 3 with countless numbers of racing leagues and appropriate tracks for those leagues. But hey, if they get the physics right, this might be worth a try.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
\/8

They should call it GRID 2.1. Cockpit view like in the video below is already made by modders for GRID 2. So they only changed physics, maybe added couple cars/tracks. Plus if they will make tons of DLC's like in GRID 2 it will be a massive fail. But it's only one year after they released last GRID so what can you expect. Good job on listening what community wants but it's a little bit too late. They should have done that before releasing GRID 2.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is never too late for improvements. And there are way to many differences to call it simply Grid 2.1

What i never understood from Grid2 was the forced drifting in race mode, while you really had to work the car to be able to drift in drift mode. That should have been reversed.
Handling in this Autosport version seems to be a lot better.
Unfortunately the stupid arrows, instead of a proper rear view mirror have returned and i also dont fancy a cockpit view with dials you cant read. What were they thinking...

Anyway, this seems like a good snack to cover the months this summer before i move to the US in The Crew to stay a little longer.

:character-blues:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grooks10 wrote:Even though this game has potential, I don't feel like it has anything we haven't already seen in the series. There's going to have to be some serious variety in race types for it to spike my interest. I still would have liked to see a reboot of ToCA 3 with countless numbers of racing leagues and appropriate tracks for those leagues. But hey, if they get the physics right, this might be worth a try.
I'm with you on this one mate, if it doesn't have anything special or interesting additions other than what's already been mentioned then I won't be getting it. :(
Image Image
\/8

Of course it's never too late. But it's still on the last gen consoles which makes their statement weird that those consoles couldn't handle the cockpit view. And really I don't see too many differences between this and the second part, besides the ones I mentioned earlier. It's obvious that they can't make completely different game in a year. It looks like a quick release to gather some $ before other racing titles will be released. The Crew, pC.A.R.S., AC, Next Car Game, (probably like every year) NFS, so the new GRID will be the first one in this year. IMO they should focus on releasing 3rd part later, next year or maybe 2 years from now, so they could make a new (fresh) game instead of what GRID 2 supposed to be. That's just how I see it.

Return to “Grid Autosport”