GRID Autosport

This is Racing
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

what ruined grid 2 for me was the lack of people online after 2 or so months, ill wait this one out and see if people still play it after.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Grid Autosport has a better handling model and more options to setup a race.
And it is a long way to go to get all cars and garage slots.
It has a slightly different appeal to it and i think the racing is good. If it is enough to keep players glued to the game after 3 months has to be seen. But it is a fun game to play.
It catches the fun of racing without being a pretentious sim like some other games.

The lifespan also depends on good DLC and support from Codemasters.

And i know Grid2 players who were still playing when Grid Autosport came out. The exaggerated oversteer made me stop playing Grid2.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

my most used car in GRID2
has become a (no)grip joke in autosport :handgestures-thumbdown:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

New DLC

Best of British Car Pack
15:00
The 'Best of British' car pack features three stunning vehicles; each engineered and produced in the UK and it arrives later today.

We caught up with Lead Handling Designer Gehan Pathiraja to talk about each of the cars:

1995 McLaren F1 GTR

"We all know the McLaren F1 is an awesome road car -- this is the GTR designed for Endurance Racing. It's got a huge wing that will give you massive downforce in the corners, it's all about being brave and attacking those corners at speeds you never thought possible."

2011 Aston Martin Zagato V12

"The Zagato model has bodywork styled by Italian designers, but has a typical Aston Martin V12 engine, very powerful, very torquey. If you can manage the weight and the grip and fire it out the corners, you'll benefit from all that power from the V12."

2007 McLaren Mercedes SLR 722

"It's got a huge supercharged V8 engine that sounds like an old World War Two Spitfire. There's clearly a lot of power being put out from the V8, and you can really feel that in the car in our game."
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This weeks challenges

:woot:

Automotive Gaming
New Starter
New Starter

Honestly, not really excited about this Best of British DLC, more or less they're 3 cars we already seen in the past Grid games, and in many other games too, apart Grid, so I hope for more interesting content in the future DLCs 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The McLaren F1 GTR is the best car in its class and very cool looking. :2thumbsup:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

New weekly challenges.

Watch the Ai :eeek:

Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Unfortunatly I can't play this game (well on my proper save) at the moment as it has corrupted. Sony need to get their act together and release the patch. I'm pretty sure CodeMasters have released the patch (that will fix the corrupted saves) but at the end of the day it's sony who needs to verify it, and they are taking too long.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Loore in response to questions about car repair costs:
Just an update on this, there will be a PC patch today but I don't think this change made its way into the build, as such it will follow in future patch. Baring any last minute issues I'll be bringing you the patch notes for today's patch shortly.
:spy:

Return to “Grid Autosport”