MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lunytrickz wrote:[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
More like worst driver ever :loll:

Probably blaming the car as well :laughing-rolling:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: More like worst driver ever :loll:

Probably blaming the car as well :laughing-rolling:
Agreed !! :lol:

But... I think his claim is valid, as i personally hate the stock Caterham SP300R - because it is so jumpy in the corners if you don't watch over it like hawk, but when it gets stiff springs and full downforce it becomes a different weapon altogether ;)

But I think the Caterham SP300R is well known in the Grid community for it's terminal oversteer ... of which it is mostly unrecoverable :shifty:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, the Caterham-Lola SP300R can take you by surprise. You need to be aware when you drive it, and know when it tries to bite. When you own one, you can adjust a lot with diff, suspension and downforce settings. But it can still surprise you.

The Caterham "party" at Okutama was a big mess. Driving the "default" Cat against Ai on very hard was insane. It took me at least 20 restarts before i could get past them and get platinum.

But i like that car. It is no easy drive but rewarding when you get it right.

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

From Loore:
Just a heads up but tomorrow is my last day in the office for two weeks. It's been non-stop since we announced Autosport so I'm off to recharge my batteries and get a bit of rest :)

That said, if there's anything you want me to raise with the team before I go please ensure you let me know by tomorrow.

Current Updates
We are currently working with Valve to get VAC integrated into Autosport [PC Only]
PC Patch is currently in QA for testing, it includes playlist changes and reduced repair costs
Next DLC is the Sprint pack
The team are currently looking into the AI and the aggression levels
Team are looking into the upgrades issue you raised
Level 1 cars - team are working on
Repair costs - these will be lower in the next patch
RaceNet Challenge awards not always given - fixed in an upcoming patch
Flashbacks online - we're lowering it from 5 down to 3 as standard for playlists
Rear View Mirror - hoping to see some movement on this shortly
We're planning to make changes to the multiplayer matchmaking, this will be for a test period of time. The aim is to reduce the amount of "no lobbies available" messages.

I'll see you in two weeks :)
We are currently working with Valve to get VAC integrated into Autosport

Valve anti cheat rocks. Hopefully that will deal with some nasty cheaters. 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, good to know they havn't abandoned the game :mrgreen:
Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Not looking good for text chat being patch into GAS thou: >:(

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussio ... tes#latest

Loore wrote:
Purple44 wrote:
Enjoy your holiday Loore, but before you go, can you give us a yes or no answer if text chat will be in the next patch?
At this time, no. I'm hoping it will make it into a future patch but it's unlikely at this time, sorry.

This is second patch for GAS, if Codies not taking the time to add text chat now, doubt it will happen. We might see a 3rd PC patch some day, then I think that will be it for patches. Codemasters will move on to working on DIRT 4.
Automotive Gaming
New Starter
New Starter

Are there any news or rumors about the next DLC packs? :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Automotive Gaming wrote:Are there any news or rumors about the next DLC packs? :)
Next DLC is the Sprint pack :mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

From justbiglee [developer]
Patch Notes 20/08/14
Just to let you know a new patch is currently scheduled for deployment today (20th Aug) and the full list of changes can be found below:

Stability Improvement - Improved the stability of the game when navigating through the front end menus of the game for extended periods.

Save Fix - Fixed save issues which caused corruption when uninstalling previously used DLC packages.

Stability Improvement - Resolved issues which could cause multiplayer hosts to crash if clients became desynced during online eliminator events.

RaceNet Fix - Fixed certain instances of players not receiving their awards or achievements when competing in certain RaceNet challenges.

Stability Improvement - Fixed issues which could have sporadically caused players to crash when entering or leaving Time Trial events.

Stability Improvement - Resolved Time Attack related crashes which occurred during certain RaceNet challenge scenarios.

DLC Fixes - Integrated multiple fixes for upcoming DLC packages to optimise stability and compatibility.

Online Fix - (Drift) – Fixed issues which in some cases could have caused players to become stuck in a black screen when competing in online drift sessions.

Messaging Improvement - improved game messaging under certain scenarios where players are attempting to access online functionality without an active internet connection.

Save Fix - Added prevention measures to ensure save file does not read as corrupted if certain save file components are deleted.

Save Fix - Added a preventative fix to stop save game corruption if controller action maps are invalid.

Save Fix - Added chunk header to DLC initialisation to help prevent future corruption of save games.

Text Fix - (Japanese) - Fixed issues which prevented certain text strings from appearing correctly in Japanese language.

Audio Fix - (Splitscreen) - Added a preventative fix to stop mode specific music from playing incorrectly within the menu selection screens after a race session had previously finished.

Online Fix - The online repairs/wear and tear functionality has been reworked following feedback from the community.

Online Fix - A restorative fix has been implemented to ensure that players who had previously lost vehicle level data (reset to level one) will now have this data partially restored.

Graphical Fix - Resolved issues on certain PC configurations which caused lighting artefacts on night races when advanced lighting was enabled.

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

McLaren F1 GTR "Big Mac" (DLC)

Return to “Grid Autosport”