GRID Autosport

This is Racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice McLaren F1 :2thumbsup:

The recent patch has solved some issues. The L1 reset cars are fixed (for the most part) and the car degrading has slowed, so you don't have these insane repair costs everytime when you did not hit anything.

Now we need some Ai fixes and unlimited garage boxes and the game can survive a bit longer.

Text chat would be nice, but is not as important as in The Crew for example. Most messages would contain salty language about others driving behavior anyway. :mrgreen:

I have tried the Intel Challenge, despite it being open to UK/Can/US citizens only. But didn't manage to get to the top 10 so far. You obviously need a fully tuned Formula "B" (A1 GP Car) to get under the 2.50 mark. And a lot of luck in the first corner as well.

With competitions like this, it would be cool to force everyone to tape their run and place it on Youtube and to mention what driving aid settings and controls are used.

I do believe below 2.50 times are possible. But those leaderboards also contain some times that are too good to be true IMO.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://steamcharts.com/app/255220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Game starts to get repetitive soon®

If there are no new locations (not new routes) that make the game more interesting, i think there won't be many players left
Too bad as it is a nice little racer. But i have to admit i have not done many races this week due to the cheaters and lame rammers.

Game save bugs and XP resets wont do a game much good. Add to that the stupid cheaters in online events and you can see the reasons for the degrading player numbers.

The codies team does support the game with patches, updates and new DLC. But it is probably not enough, unless the Steam anti cheat and some real new content will be released. But even than it will probably just give a temporary boost.
Sales will bring some new players. But codemasters don't seem to be able to make the games that people will continue to play.

The lame excuse for a cockpit view, No mirrors, No text chat and a clearly recycled game are all reasons not to give it a 5 star rating.
I still like the game. It drives much better than Grid2. But it lacks a solid bunch of locations. 5 different routes on the same track, day or night won't do it for me

We need regular updates of new tracks in new locations to keep the game more interesting.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/08/gri ... rint-pack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice addition to Grid AS. But these are recycled tracks from Grid2. Good to have them anyway. ;)
GRID Autosport // Sprint Pack
By Ben Walke @BenWalke · On August 26, 2014

A few weeks ago we made mention that we were busy creating a set of mini-expansions for GRID Autosport and today we’d like to talk about the Sprint Pack. So let’s dive (or should that be drive?) right in!
The Championships

Included in the Sprint Pack is a set of brand new single player championships to take part in which bring four classic GRID 2 environments to GRID Autosport to give you hours of single player and online gameplay. You’ll find these located on the main menu area titled “Extra Championships”, in between Online and Custom Cup.

Sprint Race

The Sprint pack comes with the aptly named Sprint Game Mode, which sees each competitor released one by one to set a time down a point-to-point track. The fastest time at the end of the event wins.

As you race down the track you’ll be given split intervals to keep you updated on your progress.

Sprint is only available for point-to-point tracks, but should you wish you can take the challenge online.

Due to the nature of the racing involved a number of car classes are excluded from taking part, primarily; C1 Drift, C2 Drift and Demo Derby. However, you can also race every other class of vehicle, so if you want to thrash some American Muscle through California, or put exotic super cars through their paces in the Cote d’Azur, you can.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

The Locations

California

Big Sur
Pebble Beach Drive
Redwood Approach
Pacific Way
Bixby Pass
Cabrillo Highway

Cote d’Azur

Route d’Azur
Saint-Laurent
La Turbie
Route de Corniche
Leopolda
Villefranche-Sur-Mer

Hong Kong

Peak Road descent
Kowloon Climb
Magazine Gap
Pok Fu Lam
Wan Chai Gap
Ap Lei Chau

Okutama Sprint

Mizu Mountain
Tenshi Way
Shinto Shrine
Torii Rush
Sakura Pass
Tatsu Valley

I'm missing Miami track locations. Maybe those will be released later. But it is good to have some new tracks to play on. :2thumbsup:

PS Just take a look at my previous post where i mentioned new locations were badly needed, :loll:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, i just got it

Lol time to forget about The Crew for a few months and enjoy the racing in GRID AS :mrgreen:
Automotive Gaming
New Starter
New Starter

Oh nice, I don't care if these sceneries are recycled from Grid 2, I wanted them here, especially Cote D'Azur!
Can't wait to test them with Autosport physics 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

HotFix for latest patch and DLC
August 28th Hotfix + G27 Updates
Hey all

As I'm sure you have noticed, last week a small hotfix style patch was released on the 28th August.

Can confirm that this patch fixed included the following fixes:

Save Fix - Fix save game corruption issues caused by launching the latest DLC packages on older versions of the game.
Save Fix - Added preventative measures within the save system to avoid corrupt or invalid data with certain controller configurations.
Nvidia 3D VISION Fix - Resolved water corruption issues when racing in 3d splitscreen mode.
Stability Improvement - Improved the stability of the game when using content from DLC packages.

Also, just an update but the team are currently looking into clutch issues with G27 steering wheels and we're hoping to release a patch for this soon.

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I got the black edition just finished downloading it, plus I got some of the DLC as well so it should be fun plus it will be a change from hardcore iRacing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Grid AS serves fine as a less serious racer, even if you can have some serious races in it. No messing around with setting up the car for ages. Just some basic tune up and go. I like that approach.

Latest patch notes
Patch 5th September
Hey everyone,

We're in the process of pushing a patch live on PC, this will focus on the Impact ratings and tweaks to the match making process.

Impact Ratings - These should now be working correctly within playlists

Matchmaking - We've made some adjustments to the matchmaking process, in particular surrounding the download regions. As of now, you should now be able to find players outside of your region a lot more easier.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Am i gettin' slow? Only managed Bronze here with a loaner Furai :eeek:
Maybe there are just Aliens left at Codies HQ :flyingsaucer:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “Grid Autosport”