Dirt Rally

Off Road Racing
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I used to have a rally car years ago I raced with my brother the thing I found weird with rally games is the lack of comparison to real life im not after direct reproduction but few key features i have always wanted

Because you own it MadmanCK I will ask you I know its E.A and I will most likely buy it anyway but here few questions, do you feel like your driving on dirt and the other question is the ability to pre-slid the car into corner entry like Scandinavian flick etc and also last question are co-driver notes adjustable and are they somewhat accurate
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Co-driver can be improved, but is good mostly. Pace notes have been updated for certain tracks already.

I can do Scandinavian flicks and throw a car into a corner. But so far i have only driven a Fulvia (FWD) in career mode and i prefer RWD and 4WD cars :D

It is a lot more realistic as the previous Dirt series games. It comes near RBR. Maybe that one was more direct. But the eye candy of the environment, the changing grip levels and the "realistic" physics, make it a rewarding drive.

I like it, even if it is frustrating sometimes. Fiddling a bit with the base setup is needed to make the car drive the way you like it. Default setups have way too much understeer, but are good to learn the game. It has a learning curve.

On the slippery mud of the Wales Rally i had no brakes at all at times. Don't know if that is realistic or not, but normally i use them to make the car slide into a corner.
But the handbrake works awesome with Dirt Rally. :D

If you like rally driving, this one is a no brainer to get. ;)

:auto-swerve:

PS I made a review on Steam (Short as i only played 6 hours or so)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Cheers MadMan sounds like good investment purchased and installing :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:Cheers MadMan sounds like good investment purchased and installing :rightthumbup:
Just saw on Steam you already grabbed it. Good luck :auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fanaleds now also supports Dirt Rally, so i got my Dash to work in the game. :2thumbsup:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You can grab Dirt Rally now with 25% discount in the Steam Shop. At 22€ it is a real bargain IMO, especially considering the early acces and all the goods to come.

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadmanCK do you have any issue's with brake pedal travel, when I push the brake i get all or nothing I have Clubsport elite pedals

Because I play with all assist off I keep locking up brakes lol :auto-crash:

But Im really enjoying it so far great challenge at times plus feels good getting off tarmac for a change
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I had brakes/nobrakes at the start. But i recalibrated the pedals and now they are fine. Maybe Dirt is a bit picky on the pedals. Or settings are not remembered.

I have more use from the handbrake anyway. So far only driven the Fulvia. It does brake. But not very good :lol:
Easy lockup, especially on the slippery roads. Maybe a bit exaggerated. Brakes should be stronger IMO

Yes, Dirt takes a lot of pracise. Especially on those small roads.

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

if I get some free time i might mount my handbrake haven't had time sitting there in its box lol

maybe it will improve as they build very enjoyable

I will have another play with it later recalibrate it
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Really liking new FFB patch/build feels much better with those little extras they have added I can now feel surface transitions very addictive keep pushing to hard sometimes few co-driver notes are wrong but shore they sort that out in time :auto-swerve:

Return to “Dirt Games”