Dirt 4

Off Road Racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just downloaded 33gig. Will be good. But can not play until tomorrow xD
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

First race 1.18.6
6500th overall :eeek:
Should do better than that.

Playing in SIM mode and Champions preset. :party:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Graphics look good, can you turn off that running commentary while driving, i know it is supposed to help but it would get on my nerves. :angry-screaming:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think you can, yes

It does not make me faster either. Notes were not even correct.

I will upload normal driving view next time. It does not really feel like real driving now. FFB needs some tweaks as some effects are way too strong.

And i play on the simulated mode, while all record scores have been set with arcade. So it is no use driving the real mode when you can not be competitive.

It feels familiar though. But i really want a good car and not a 1600cc Fiesta that almost stalls uphill :lol:

More videos later this week. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Dirt 4 drives well, once you adjusted some settings. For example linearity is 50% by default. That should always be 100% for a wheel. So i did set the slider to 0. No added linearity as that only creates vague and unresponsive steering. Now it is very nervous and twitchy. But you can easily adapt your wheel settings and driving style to that.

Second race video, with wheel settings adjusted.
It is still hard to determine when wheels lose grip, except visual reference. That can be better.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Played some more Dirt 4 today. After tweaking the wheel settings and FFB values it finally drives like a real car. This allows me to push the car and find its limits.

I also bought my first two cars and created my own team (TDUDT)
This means that from now on i can keep most prize money, so getting your own car as quickly as possible is advised.

Customization is very basic. You can select a color scheme and pattern and adjust the colors and finish a bit. And there are options for sponsor stickers. So far only one slot unlocked.
But creating your own team should have much more creativity options IMO.

20170612165607_1.jpg
20170612165625_1.jpg
20170615104335_1.jpg
Videos later :party:

I picked the little Opel, as it is a naturally aspirated 1600 engine with a much more usable powerband as the 1 liter turbocharged engine the Ford has.
It also has a bit smaller wheelbase, which makes it a bit more nervous but also better in the shorter curves.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I found this excellent review from Saun Cole
It covers about every aspect of this game and gives it a fair rating as well. :2thumbsup:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I won my first championship, landed a new sponsor deal and bought a Historic RWD Rallye car, Renault Alpine A110.
All played and driven in Champions/SIM Mode 8-)

20170617112757_1.jpg
20170617114234_1.jpg
20170617114300_1.jpg
20170617114309_1.jpg
20170617114312_1.jpg

Return to “Dirt Games”