Project CARS 2

The ultimate racing game
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, 1.000 pounds (1.440 €, 1.600$) is a bit steep. :shock:

Maybe we can do a TDUDT "Crowdfunding" to make you get your pCars2 platinum license. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately those in-game car vinyls can not be shared with other members. Maybe you should ask them if a custom exclusive TDUDT sticker in pCars1 and 2 can be shared amongst members somehow.

If not, it is not worth it IMO. :twocents-02cents:

PS. There are still a lot of bugs in pCars. Some are very obvious and make me wonder what has been done with all the feedback during development. Like pit exit lights that are red during a race with pit stops.
A lot of players think the "loose surface" extension should be a DLC for pCars, as it was mentioned during development of the original pCars. The short time after the release of pCars makes some uncomfortable, as it has obviously started during the pCars development and taken to a new branch.
And it seems they let the Moderators remove all the posts and new threads that make a valid statement about this.
Another valid point is that it will split the community between the games. Even if it will probably take a couple of years to fully develop. An extension to the existing pCars would have been best for a lot of reasons, especially for the community. Only real reason to release a completely new version is to max out profits.
Also the 7M Pound target is twice what was made with the crowdfunding of pCars1.
So the question raises, cashcow or serious new project?

Maybe Ian Bells new Ferrari is the answer to that... ;)

I'm still happy with my Gold contribution. Project CARS is awesome and i can always see the big picture. But not everybody can.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Would you guys say it is worth buying a Bronze membership for PCars 2 now or is it better to wait?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe best to wait until there are tracks to drive on. I was a bit impulsive, as i missed out on pCars1.
Build0000 is only a proving ground with a couple of cars. Physics are just basic and not developed yet.

IMO Gold is the best deal. But that is totally up to you. :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Unfortunately those in-game car vinyls can not be shared with other members. Maybe you should ask them if a custom exclusive TDUDT sticker in pCars1 and 2 can be shared amongst members somehow.
you can create and share vinyls if you have Photoshop (or other like programs) but they do not show up in on-line races. :(
(I used to do this all the time in the pre-release version)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is nice, but when they do not show on other cars it is pointless, when i want to do a promotional video with all players in TDUDT livery for example.
It would be cool to race as a team.

But it seems you have to take Ian to dinner for that. Hope he has high heels and bright red lipstick :loll:

Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Something I don't understand is why they've already moved onto PCars 2 when they haven't even fixed too many (if not, none) of the numerous bugs on the game, also considering the game itself is still small and they haven't released any type of DLC or expansion.

They could also just have updated PCars 1 with these new features along with a giant board of bugfixes.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The features of pCars2 were actually originally planned as part of pCars1. But as Rally requires a different approach in physics and terrain interaction, there is a lot of work to it and they decided to split the work flow and finish the core of pCars1 first.

But other tools have been updated as well, so pCars2 will be a lot bigger and better. It is more an evolution than a revolution.

And there have been DLC for pCars, mainly Car packs. And some tracks as well. Also pCars1 will be constantly updated, while pCars2 is in development.

Basically, they could have launched a Rally DLC for pCars1, but decided to create a new game with better graphics, more extensive physics and improved game play instead. Of course the results have to be shown first.
I have been in pCars 2 from the start with build 000 and updates are done on a regular base. The driving is already decent. So i expect a lot of pCars2.
The proposed budget is also twice that of pCars1.

SMS have found a good balance of involving the community in their projects and still stay on the chosen path.

I think you can only really judge when pCars2 is ready.

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Pretendracecars.net recently released an interview with Ian Bell, the head of Slightly Mad Studios, and it's a pretty harsh one at that. This guy was not afraid to ask the tough questions, but Ian Bell was quite honest in his answers. He mentioned that he wasn't satisfied with the way the game released, that there were too many bugs, and the controller support is trash. It's an interesting read.

But the reason I like it so much is because the SMS devs seem to be very aware of all of the problems in the original Project CARS, and hopefully they will be able to address those issues for the next title!

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/07/03/ ... -ian-bell/

They also placed some photos from current PCars 2 development in the article. The first appears to be some early work on rally cross:

And this one is of Long Beach! This could be a really fun track! Especially if they are able to keep the Indy license for the next game!

XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Unfortunately i'm not allowed to post footage of the game, while still in development. But i will do a play session this week, also a little comparison. pCars 1 is actually pretty good IMO. It feels more like driving a real car than most other "sims" who call sliding realism.

Maybe they will become more liberate with in game footage as development progresses. :party:

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Unfortunately i'm not allowed to post footage of the game, while still in development. But i will do a play session this week, also a little comparison. pCars 1 is actually pretty good IMO. It feels more like driving a real car than most other "sims" who call sliding realism.

Maybe they will become more liberate with in game footage as development progresses. :party:
I'm not surprised that they are being more secretive this time around. They made tons of mistakes in terms of marketing last time. Like using footage of pit crews in the promotional video, making an official announcement that we would be able to run the Indy 500, and allowing people to post footage and pictures of things that weren't guaranteed to be in the game, like the old Spa, Solitude Rennstrecke, and a very early version of the Tyrrell P34 (which I would have loved!). Being a little more secretive gives them more freedom to do some crazier stuff without needing to make promises. But I hope it's fun Madman, and as much as I want to ask for some exclusive, insider info, I don't want you to break the rules. :shhh:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “Project Cars”