Wheel Settings help

The ultimate racing game
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ok this game has some pretty out there settings for wheel FFB I had a look at Project cars forums but I couldn't really find answer.

When i step on the gas i get bad toque steering so when hit throttle flat car takes off to one side in uncontrollable fashion any tips on eliminating that it's little annoying.

Keeping in mind my G27 is heavily modded having trouble working out all these settings plus there online manual is zero help

My biggest issue is my clubsport elite brake pedal if i start braking it tends to lock the wheels as if there is no ease on ease off like iracing has .

last issue is car turn in feels very wrong on all cars, when I turn the wheel car seems to wanna go straight ahead like under-steering but im not on full lock could be me i play bit me and see

pretty much so far playing this game i feel i have zero control over the car :auto-swerve:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will try to get some pCars time this week. I'm still waiting for my CSW V2, that will probably arrive only next month or so. Succes has its price. My good old CSW V1 is acting up on one motor i think as driving feels a bit weird and FFB effects are not delivered smoothly like they were before. But i will only return that one for refurbishing, once i have my new V2 in da house. :D

But these FFB glitches are weird. Maybe it is because you run a complete custom setup and everything in the game has been optimized for single brand solutions (presets). but TBH it should not matter what pedals, brakes, shifter or other stuff you use. Especially considering the insane amount of time it took to develop with community interaction. You would expect some more crazy setups and modifications amongst other players.

It would also be cool to share some setups for different wheels in here.
I think i will start on complete default as Rene Rast has been driving with that on the Fanatec stuff. He even showed in some videos that he was able to repeat his RL laptimes at LM in his "own" Porsche racer last year.

I will get back later on this. Just very busy at the moment. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

No problem Im still playing it just two hours to set the wheel up on one car is to much, really not sure if its me or the game just does not feel like what i have seen in videos i know i haven't got some thing right :auto-swerve:
Off Topic
Let me know what the wheel is like MadmanCK im placing my order for one in a few months time hopefully because over here they are Charging $850 just for the base so add a rim to that and yeah need to save little longer
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just using the Logitech profiler im getting a better feel and feedback, the game feels good well I still need to test further but felt nice just using profiler

Edit:
For me this seems to be the way to go, as soon as i stopped allowing the game to change settings it works for me, not sure if it's on project cars side of things or because my wheel is so modified or a bit of both but unchecking that box has worked a treat.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just tried a few laps in the clio

Left everything on default. But my wheels and pedals did not work straight from the box.
So i had to setup everything manually. And also had to calibrate my wheel and separate pedals in the game. All other stuff was recognized, so i could use my DSD button box to create the fuel pump and starter buttons for example.

The driving was OK. I had a big Shift2 deja vu at the start, but the driving is more refined and direct for sure. FFB was a bit bland. But as mentioned my wheel is not working 100% due to some loose contacts in one of the electro motors probably, so i leave that for when my V2 arrives. This one needs to be refurbished for sure. High mileage anyway (3Y old).

I did not have the issues Fulysic had. Maybe you should always setup all wheel and pedal options manually with these games. No FFB jerking or weird behavior under braking.

The default setting (medium, amateur level) was clearly to weak for me, as i was 6 seconds faster in qualifying after just 3 laps at Donnington. But i could not find how to change the settings to Pro. Even if they stated you can at the start menu.
So i removed my profile again and will make another one next time i boot this game. Graphics are smooth and consistant, so that contributes to a good driving experience.

It was a bit annoying geting the game going. I just wanted to drive and had to spend way too much time listening to totally useless explanations.

And IMO the wheel setup was not really easy to find. Had to search for it.
The goods are a working shifting lights and gear indicator by default.

But once you are on the road, you easy forget all the hassle to get there.

Great driving game.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Project Cars”