TDUDT Vidz pCars

The ultimate racing game
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice one Mad

Lol just imagine the old Lotus formula 1 car on a tight race as that with cold tires :lol:
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

So last weekend Ian Bell made reference to this Porsche Supercup race, in particular the dodgy passes. Since I'm not so good at that circuit and have rarely raced there, I figured I'd give it a go and see how similar the racing could be (i.e. how human the AI were). There are some niggly areas of improvement possible but overall it was so similar I decided to try and mix in some replays and pieces of the audio commentary. Definitely not a flawless execution (especially if you are familiar with the names), but all things considered I was amazed at how easy it was to line phrases up.

Have a look and let me know if you like this style:

I know not all will agree on this, but I reckon it would be pretty cool if a racing game did eventually ship with [optional] commentary for replays, similar to how the FIFA games do.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I like it. If i remember correctly there was commentary in GP2. But that was a class of its own...

:D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Great fight, the commentating really made the driving and the video come together, great stuff 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

In anticipation of this weekends LM24 race, i did a quick demo on the LaSarthe Circuit.
The custom event selector of pCars is awesome. Pick a track and a car and go. Unfortunately you can not tune the cars. And the factory setting was not really good. Too much downforce, so the car was bottoming out and also had a low top speed of only 300km/h. But the driving on le Mans was really good. Track layout is spot on and the speed sensation is there.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Did you remember to use the hybrid boost :P
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

I thought this was the older diesel model w/o hybrid/boost. But I haven't tried - I'm awful at those LMP cars, especially with the tiny cockpit windows and big A pillars.

What scree are you playing on there MMCK? Seems like one of those new 21:9 super widescreen 1440p affairs. Does make a big difference to sense of speed.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I play on a 21:9 Curved 34" screen from Dell. It is awesome. And i prefer it above triple screen. :D
It has a lot of pixels (3440x1440) to render though, so to power it good, it needs serious Graphics horsepower.

Shadowplay recording does only partially support it. I record at a lower res (2560x1080) at 60fps. It only does 30fps on full res. And i still need a better video editor than the one i use now.

For racing games it is very good. Just a bit better view on turning points. And the sense of speed is a bit better than on a traditional 16:9. But i tone down motion blur wherever i can.

Back OT: The car is an Audi R18TDI LMP1. No E-tron.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Superkarts at Donnington Park. These are crazy fast.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes those Superkarts are just nuts, they are about as fast as the Prototype 2 Radical i drive now, but the Radical has much more grip, and the cornering speeds are crazy, it takes a awhile to get used to the aerodynamic grip, but once you do, it is epic :D

Return to “Project Cars”