Project CARS 2

The ultimate racing game
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I went back to pCars2 this morning and after a 40 min ! download, i spent some more time setting up my wheel properly.

The default setting was indeed with all driving help on. So i switched all off to get a real feel to this game. Maybe the "real" option in the settings is the most realistic, but to judge the physics and the way car respond i always turn everything to off.

The FFB has a few presets. The default did not give too much feedback to work with. The immersive option is already better, but i picked the RAW setting and cranked up the base strength, reduced the Sfx a bit and focused on the base feedback values.

I used the California Highway track (it was in pCars1 as well, so i can mention it) and a well known driver oriented non turbo charged Porsche and had a blast driving that thing. Fighting all over the place.
Ai does not really work yet, except the first drivers. Now the other cars act more like driving chicanes.
The car handles as you can expect from a Porsche, so the realism is most definitely there.

I will try the "real" settings in next test. As that will be most likely closest to driving the actual car.
Switching all driving help off, gave a pretty good impression though.

Even more important than picking the driver assists, is setting up the FFB right. It makes a massive difference from being unconnected to actually feeling what the car does. I might do some more fine tuning in the menu.
I left everything at default on the Fanatec wheel. So all values are at 100% and the wheel rotation is automatic, matching the actual cars rotation.
This was already in pCars1 as well. No need to adjust rotation.

For me the most important thing of these games, is if it feels like actually driving the real deal. And it is. 8-)
Sounds are definitely still beta versions and some car models are alpha.
But the base is there.

View points can be customized. I used cockpit and hood views for this test. The HUD info is massive as well. I might reduce that a bit, but it was not really disturbing.

Track warnings are way too rigid IMO. You basically get warnings for nothing. I would have expected that to be better than in pCars1, but it is not.
I will try different tracks to see if this is track related or general.

Also different driving styles like Rallye or open wheel racing. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well, this is one heck of a leak! I read elsewhere that this is actually a pretty old trailer/intro video, but it still looks astounding!

XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, that is no trailer, but the intro sequence to the game :lol:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Lol, that is no trailer, but the intro sequence to the game :lol:

Apparently WMD is not very happy about this leak. I think they should go ahead and release an official trailer just to make sure no one gets any lofty expectations from the unofficial intro sequence!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10 wrote: I think they should go ahead and release an official trailer
Like this? :mrgreen:

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Sorry I've been so quiet about this stuff, but it's been one heck of a week for my classes! Haha
All I know is, that trailer looks pretty cool! They also seem to have tons of new licenses to work with (it's nice to have that leverage after the first game sold so well). Furthermore, Ian Bell, the CEO of SMS, confirmed on another popular forum that they definitely have the holy trinity! So we definitely have Ferrari and Porsche, even though I never doubted it for a second. But with stuff from previews of PCars 1 never making it to the game, I was scared that maybe those screenshots were too optimistic. But I think this game, if it doesn't release with tons of bugs, could really kick Forza and GT Sport in the pants!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I wanted to play some pCars2 today, but was confronted by another 4 hour download. Being able to test play a new project is cool, but these massive updates are annoying sometimes :lol:

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am I wanted to play some pCars2 today, but was confronted by another 4 hour download. Being able to test play a new project is cool, but these massive updates are annoying sometimes :lol:

Hahaha, that's such a first world problem! :loll:
As more info has been coming out, this game seems to be getting some awesome cars! I bet there are even more cool ones that we don't know about yet! But I'll keep the car/track list thread updated as everything comes to light!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

The first official gameplay of PCars 2! And the XJR-9 sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it myself.

Return to “Project Cars”