Project CARS 2

The ultimate racing game
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to German laws, cars get a new VIN number when they are altered beyond a certain limit. But RUF is registered as a Manufacturer. Not just as tuner.

Hennessey puts raw power in US cars. A totally different thing. RUF might have started as a Porsche tuner and restorer, but is a manufacturer now.

NOVITEC for example is also a tuner of Ferrari, Lamborghini and now McLaren as well. But they arre a tuner and not a manufacturer. They have to remove the Ferrari badges and get a new VIN number.

TechArt makes cool bodykits and engine packs. Maybe they will get their own VIN numbers as well, but they are a tuner and not a manufacturer.

The CTR3 for example is an own design by RUF. And they also put V8 engines in some of their cars.
Porsche is their heritage. That will never change.

And now back to topic :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i didn't know they called them body in write :)

RUF is good for those that need more that what Porsche offers, but for those who actually like Porsche it doesn't really do it, as you buy a Porsche to buy a piece of their history and motorsport achievements, so i would rather have the horse from Stuttgart on my badge rather it saying RUF, but hey everyone has their own opinions about it, i just like Porsche for what they are. ;)

I just hope i someday can effort to buy a Porsche for the history and the driving pleasure, and lets face it - there is a reason the 911 is so well known and it is all about its history and the evolution of the brand.

I think we have covered the whole RUF vs. Porsche topic enough, time to return the game related content ;)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:NOVITEC for example is also a tuner of Ferrari, Lamborghini and now McLaren as well.
Maserati and Rolls-Royce too. Image

Ah, I love makin' off-topic posts. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Miao wrote:
Ah, I love makin' off-topic posts. Image
You´re hereby rewarded 2nd Dan in thread derailing, congratz :P

and now

:back to topic:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

According to Pretend Race Cars (And apparently 4Chan), PCars will definitely have ovals! This is good news as I was REALLY disappointed when the didn't appear in the last game. I'm looking forward to using that Lotus 38 at Indianapolis...if that car is still in the game.

Oh! And Nissan! They will be a very welcome addition to the roster! And on top of that, that's the Porsche 911 GT3 R! So hooray for Porsches!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK i tried pCars2 this morning, but it does not feel right somehow.
I really have to get into setting up my wheel right. It did not work properly out of the box either. My way of testing a game. If it does not drive out of the box, it is not good.
But i have an exotic setup with seperate pedals, handbrake etc.

Car did not brake or turn in positive like i wanted. Tried the [Redacted because of NDA-Grooks].
Graphics look aweseome. Game runs smooth.

Maybe all kinds of assist were at work. Never liked them.
I will look into it again, when i have a bit more time.

The donwload size of the game is already 25Gig. Might be just updates. But that is just massive.

No matter how good it looks, i want to have a positive feedback in my wheel. I need to be able to feel the car. If that is lacking, the rest really does not matter.

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Sorry Mad, but I had to edit your post just to make sure you weren't struck down by the gods of SMS for listing a specific car and track (even though the track was already leaked).

And that's interesting that you had issues. Ian Bell mentioned that the actual race car drivers who have been testing the game are "raving" about the physics compared to the earlier builds. But then again, that's the CEO who definitely wants everyone to believe the game is amazing, so I have to be careful about what I believe until I play it myself.

One thing I'm most interested in is the "over-the-limit" driving. In the first game, the cars just didn't feel right when I pushed any car to its limit or beyond. I wonder how it feels now. But if you're not allowed to talk about the physics in any detail, that's totally fine.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It might be just being able to set up my wheel properly

But i prefer it to work straight out of the box. pCars1 had that. Never needed any adjustments.

And maybe i just have been playing too many less realistic games lately. But it felt like a GTI and not a Ferrari :lol:

Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

One stupid question: is there AI or is this only PVP racing? When I tried rFactor, AI was so poor that I lost my interesting. I don't mean that they was too slow but I mean that all AI cars was at same level. There was no fun for solo racing.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I migrated rFactor2 to Steam last weekend. Still a bench marker, especially when it comes to mods and community support. It even gets used for E-sport events. But it is based on Gmotor engine. Simbin used that. Just to underline how old that is.

Best Ai in a racing game is still GP2/3 for me. Geoff Crammond FTW. That felt like driving against real people with real personalities. At 100% they gave a real challenge.

pCars2 has both Ai and online races. You can create own events or join others.
in pCars1 the Ai strongly depended on track optimization. Some races were really good, but in other cases they cut the track or crash objects. I really do hope Ai in pCars2 will get a performance boost. The game is designed to be used for online races.

I will try it out some more the upcoming weeks. I can play both QA and "Gold" versions of the game. :party:

Return to “Project Cars”