Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends

60 Years of Ferrari
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Lol, looking forward to that one. The no-brakes 512BB was indeed a tough one, but when you drive it a bit more aggressive than you would probably do IRL, those challenges become more easy.
I drive at default settings btw, with some stuff switched off. Still want to get rid of that driving line lol.
It doesn't even show the best line anyway, haha :loll:
Menu controls are clearly made for controllers. At least is does support my fancy Fanatec CSS Wheel, including FFB.

This game is surely not easy and certainly not for everyone. But if SMS would use these physics for a TDU3 version, you wouldn't hear me complain about it :woot:
Well, I know you can turn off the racing line by going to the options menu during a race. I don't think you can turn it off from the main menu for some reason. :think: And I too use a wheel, even though it's a junky Mad Catz wheel that costs $80. And yes, the physics are fun, but I think they work much better with wheels than with controllers. That could be a bit hard for the casual racer crowd that the Test Drive series usually draws. Fortunately though, the races in TD:FRL don't get any tougher after the 512BB, at least until you get used to the higher speeds of the modern cars!

Also, that time trial mode that records your racing line from your best lap is actually a really cool feature; I want to use it more but doing quick races is just too fun!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10 wrote: Well, I know you can turn off the racing line by going to the options menu during a race. I don't think you can turn it off from the main menu for some reason. :think: And I too use a wheel, even though it's a junky Mad Catz wheel that costs $80. And yes, the physics are fun, but I think they work much better with wheels than with controllers. That could be a bit hard for the casual racer crowd that the Test Drive series usually draws. Fortunately though, the races in TD:FRL don't get any tougher after the 512BB, at least until you get used to the higher speeds of the modern cars!

Also, that time trial mode that records your racing line from your best lap is actually a really cool feature; I want to use it more but doing quick races is just too fun!
Lol, yes, i finally figured it out, when i wanted to change some settings, lol. Race line is gone :woot:
I didn't see that record mode, lol. It has a lot of hidden secrets :eeek:

Cool little game it is 8-)
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Finally finished the Silver Era. Those F40s are really fun to drive. I can read and write with those. 8-)

This can not be said about the Testarossa. Where the 512BB was a big pain earlier, the Testarossa handles like an ocean steamer. Not my cup of tea. Will be a big struggle to get that one past all other cars. Especially if some dry "race mechanic" commentator tells you to stay on the black stuff after you shoved it on the grass, completely understearing BS avoiding the Ai fail attempts to overtake each other.

Some parts of this game are written very well, but some basic race implementation is completely off as well. If you overtake at a "wrong" side of the track there is a big chance the car you just overtook will knock you off the track, which is a BS implementation of the race dynamics.

It is also full of strange bugs, where controls stop to work for no reason.

Despite those flaws this is still a cool little racer. It has character, something that is hopelessly missing from most drivers titles.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Test Drive® Ferrari Racing Legends”