Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends

60 Years of Ferrari
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

As far as sliding goes, these 50's cars are supposed to slide. The famous 4w drifts that were characteristic of that era.
Show of hands - Who remembers Belted Bias-ply tires? :D
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
CrueLworLD420
New Starter
New Starter

I played a couple hours worth lastnight. It was more fun than I remember. I'd say I'm about half way through the golden era. Physics are better than tdu2, but that doesn't take much now does it. I noticed the reflections on the cars hood are pretty impressive. Especially on the 250 Testa Rossa. The game is pretty basic though. Just get out there and race. No real story, and no soundtrack. Just your screaming engine and exhaust notes. In total it looks to have around 210 different events. Not too shabby.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have finished the Golden Age now and can say a bit more about it.

The good: Physics, Car models

The Bad: Number of old tracks, simple track environment (especially in cockpit view)*

Only basic track graphics, good FPS. Definitely a simple port from the Xbox version. Best to hook up a controller next to a wheel.
Wheel support and FFB are very good. In combination with the Physics a very cool little racer.

I like it 8-)

Bugs: sometimes the FFB drops (partially) after a race or an impact, forcing you to reboot or recalibrate.

*Edit: After switching to hood view, the track quality has improved a lot. Even if the cockpit driving point of view is top notch, i'll switch to hood view from now on as it gives a more natural view (already have a wheel, so i do not need another animated one in front of me) and better track graphs.

Now get SMS to fix the TDU2 physics and FFB and offer these cars as a cool DLC for TDU2 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Little video of my first lap on SPA in Villeneuves Car :ugeek: . Gives a good impression of the physics and the fun this game provides.

[youtube]4yZE_P1DE9Y[/youtube]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some nice driving MM, almost makes me want to buy the game :eeek:
Image Image
darcyjake1

Bezrider wrote:Some nice driving MM, almost makes me want to buy the game :eeek:
i only got it 2 days ago and I'm enjoying it alot
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

darcyjake1 wrote:
Bezrider wrote:Some nice driving MM, almost makes me want to buy the game :eeek:
i only got it 2 days ago and I'm enjoying it alot
I still play it to this day, and I got it upon release! You just have to love Ferrari's and the history of racing, and it will have quite a lot of replay value! :D
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10 wrote:]
I still play it to this day, and I got it upon release! You just have to love Ferrari's and the history of racing, and it will have quite a lot of replay value! :D
Have you already finished the campaign?
I'm almost done with the Silver Age now. But some races are really hard. The one where you have to catch up an older F1 with a 16 sec head start in the turbo on Enna Pergusa took me a few attempts. Just managed to do it in the fifth run. On the other hand, the race where you have to stay in front was a piece of cake. Also the change from thoroughbred racers to road cars and back keeps you sharp... Testarossa brakes... no brakes :eeek: lol

Maybe the track selection is a bit thin, but the driving sure makes a lot up for that. One of the best drivers games IMO.

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Have you already finished the campaign?
I'm almost done with the Silver Age now. But some races are really hard. The one where you have to catch up an older F1 with a 16 sec head start in the turbo on Enna Pergusa took me a few attempts. Just managed to do it in the fifth run. On the other hand, the race where you have to stay in front was a piece of cake. Also the change from thoroughbred racers to road cars and back keeps you sharp... Testarossa brakes... no brakes :eeek: lol

Maybe the track selection is a bit thin, but the driving sure makes a lot up for that. One of the best drivers games IMO.
Yeah, I finished the game on Medium difficulty (I've never been the best driver anyway). And I noticed that there is a bit of inconsistency in the level of challenge in the different events too. The challenge I had the most difficulty with was driving the 512 BB around Enna Pergusa; I finally beat it after I don't know how many tries. Although I have to warn you, the "storyline" gets a lot less interesting in the Modern Era, but there's a big twist later in the Silver Era!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10 wrote: Yeah, I finished the game on Medium difficulty (I've never been the best driver anyway). And I noticed that there is a bit of inconsistency in the level of challenge in the different events too. The challenge I had the most difficulty with was driving the 512 BB around Enna Pergusa; I finally beat it after I don't know how many tries. Although I have to warn you, the "storyline" gets a lot less interesting in the Modern Era, but there's a big twist later in the Silver Era!
Lol, looking forward to that one. The no-brakes 512BB was indeed a tough one, but when you drive it a bit more aggressive than you would probably do IRL, those challenges become more easy.
I drive at default settings btw, with some stuff switched off. Still want to get rid of that driving line lol.
It doesn't even show the best line anyway, haha :loll:
Menu controls are clearly made for controllers. At least is does support my fancy Fanatec CSS Wheel, including FFB.

This game is surely not easy and certainly not for everyone. But if SMS would use these physics for a TDU3 version, you wouldn't hear me complain about it :woot:

Return to “Test Drive® Ferrari Racing Legends”