Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends

60 Years of Ferrari
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I just snagged it on steam as well, but just moved and a slower internet here, going to take a couple or three hours, at least, to download. Tomorrow I'll give it a shout, but am planning to go out and meet my retired buddies, hose a few beers, might not be a great driver when I have the time to give it a whirl.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just played for half an hour or so and i have to say i like the physics, FFB, the cockpit view, sounds etc.
Cars are modeled very nice, tracks are more basic (who cares)
Most important is that the driving aspect is fine in the cars (Classics) i have driven so far. The 50's F1 cars are great fun, massive slides, understeer, oversteer and also usable. Maybe those cars are a bit tricky for some to control, but i like them. They give you a real challenge. Opponents not ATM, maybe that will come later in the game. Progress is fairly easy so far.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11013 ... 3B32A7F18/

PS If only TDU2 physics and handling were like this....sigh ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Is that photo representative of the graphics MM? It looks more like TDU than TDU2 in that shot.

Are all the cars right-hand drive, or is that just the UK versions? They're all left-hand drive in TDU1/2 here in the US. Also, are there other views than cockpit?
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

medcave wrote:Is that photo representative of the graphics MM? It looks more like TDU than TDU2 in that shot.

Are all the cars right-hand drive, or is that just the UK versions? They're all left-hand drive in TDU1/2 here in the US. Also, are there other views than cockpit?
Yes you can choose different viewpoints. But as the cockpit view is cool, without rubber neck head panning, i see no need to use a different view like the hoodcam i use in TDU2.
The track graphs are basic. This was at Monza btw, i will post some more pics later. I left everything at default btw, only did the setup for my Wheel.
More important IMO is the driving. That seems to be OK.

PS So far i have only driven RHD cars and single seaters. I'll check if there is an option to switch to LHD, but i have not seen it.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

medcave
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

More important IMO is the driving. That seems to be OK.
Yeah, after reading that I'm now considering buying it, though not if it looks as basic as TDU1. I can always fire it up for the great driving experience. THX, looking forward to more photos.
Steam name: McDave
Grid 2 playername: Boss 429
TDU2 playername: Medcave, Texican, Boss 429 (current)
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well I have a bit mixed feeling yes it is fun, ... but the cars slide as much as in shift ... ok in shift I did mod that aspect we'll see if that will also be possible in TDFRL

Hmm first graphical glitch noted ... and it's not really a steam game enabling the steam overlay won't pause the game. ;)
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As far as sliding goes, these 50's cars are supposed to slide. The famous 4w drifts that were characteristic of that era. After completing the first few levels you will also drive different cars, all with their own handling and also less sliding. The big difference is that you can use the sliding in TDFRL, unlike the frisbee handling in TDU2 where cars slide uncontrollable.
Brakes do work !! A real difference to TDU2. But that is what SMS is known for. Also if you go off track with 2 wheels it doesn't brake ridiculously but does upset the handling of the car, making it a handful to get back on track, like it is supposed to be.

Funny thing is, after reading all those reviews, you won't expect much. But IMO it is one of the better racing games i bought recently.

Now get those guys from SMS to make TDU3. 8-)

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well indeed if you got used to it you can use those slides to your advantage ... maybe I spoke a bit to soon. The only complaint I have thus far is that the first levels are a bit ... well dull (same cars and tracks over and over again). However probably it will become more interesting over the levels.

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is just racing. No storyline either, the cars tell the story. And so far i only drove on 4 or 5 different tracks. Silverstone, Rouen, Monza and some tricky Scottish track ;) A big difference to the modern day tracks, as the old ones all have the ballsy high speed corners that are stuffed with chicanes today. As you progress in the game to modern eras new tracks will probably be unlocked.

You can only imagine those cars in an open world game, without the limitations of tracks...

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yea well I wonder what they're waiting on ... They clearly have the license so add them in tdu2

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be

Return to “Test Drive® Ferrari Racing Legends”