Mechanic
Mechanic

Hey guys, here are some of my paint jobs on the Xbox 360:

and

And Part 3!

Part 4:

F1 Edition:

Thanks for any comments! :D
Last edited by grooks10 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nice too see modding has taken over control on consoles now too :D

Nice cars. Especially that Marlboro 308 GTS :)
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

RamteamJax wrote:Nice too see modding has taken over control on consoles now too :D

Oh, whoops. I guess I didn't mention that I don't mod (I've gotten in quite a few arguments about this). But I guess being accused of modding means I did a good job...so thanks! :D
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

grooks10 wrote:
RamteamJax wrote:Nice too see modding has taken over control on consoles now too :D

Oh, whoops. I guess I didn't mention that I don't mod (I've gotten in quite a few arguments about this). But I guess being accused of modding means I did a good job...so thanks! :D
Ye did it all by hand ? Wauw .. I don't have the patience to spend 5 hours in the paintshop, just to finish a car.

I spent 3 hours in the paintshop once, to make a kickass EURO2012 logo on the bonnet of my Orange (dutch national color ) 458 Italia.
It was superperfect. When I drove around, people accused me of hacking/modding as well, although I completely made the logo myself (it was like 90% the same as the original logo). Also got in lots of arguments with people, after which I decided to completely get rid of the paintshop itself and started modding the cars ;) (meaning: placing custom stickers, I don't do vehicle exchanges .. yet).
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

RamteamJax wrote:Ye did it all by hand ? Wauw .. I don't have the patience to spend 5 hours in the paintshop, just to finish a car.

I spent 3 hours in the paintshop once, to make a kickass EURO2012 logo on the bonnet of my Orange (dutch national color ) 458 Italia.
It was superperfect. When I drove around, people accused me of hacking/modding as well, although I completely made the logo myself (it was like 90% the same as the original logo). Also got in lots of arguments with people, after which I decided to completely get rid of the paintshop itself and started modding the cars ;) (meaning: placing custom stickers, I don't do vehicle exchanges .. yet).
Yeah, I kind of spend a lot of my time in the paint shop, seeing as I'm not a very good driver. ;) And I didn't even know that people could hex mod on the Xbox. I've seen cars painted that weren't supposed to be (like Bugatti's, Koenigsegg's, and Ducati's), but never an actual sticker mod...I don't think. And I've seen your video on the other thread; very nice! :D
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Awesome paint jobs grooks10, you must live in the paint shop 8-)
As for not been a very good driver, we should get together :loll:
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Awesome paint jobs grooks10, you must live in the paint shop 8-)
As for not been a very good driver, we should get together :loll:
Haha, I wish! I'm on the Xbox 360. :cry: (I'm sad because we don't get rFactor or ARMA or any of those great games)
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Hey Grooks! :mrgreen:

I've always been a big fan of your paint jobs...I seriously don't know how you do it -_-

I once attempted a RedBull rally Touareg...but that was about 40 levels and 500 hours ago so maybe I should give it another go ;) I really like your texts...do you start with the supplied text and add on to it or build the letters using the first few shape pallets?

Keep on stickin! :mrgreen: I never got around to that new version of the Flying Lizard Porsche...I shall get on that soon :ugeek:

I really like your Lancia Delta as well...the hood of mine turned out to be quite a disappointment because I made the stripes along the side stretch too far into the middle.

My favorite paints to do at the moment are based on GT5 DLC cars. People like to ask me where I got the Gran Turismo sticker and I just tell them that they're idiots and that I made them myself ;)
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
SupDoo
New Starter
New Starter

Very good stickies!!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Gatorbait771 wrote:Hey Grooks! :mrgreen:

I've always been a big fan of your paint jobs...I seriously don't know how you do it -_-

I once attempted a RedBull rally Touareg...but that was about 40 levels and 500 hours ago so maybe I should give it another go ;) I really like your texts...do you start with the supplied text and add on to it or build the letters using the first few shape pallets?

Keep on stickin! :mrgreen: I never got around to that new version of the Flying Lizard Porsche...I shall get on that soon :ugeek:

I really like your Lancia Delta as well...the hood of mine turned out to be quite a disappointment because I made the stripes along the side stretch too far into the middle.

My favorite paints to do at the moment are based on GT5 DLC cars. People like to ask me where I got the Gran Turismo sticker and I just tell them that they're idiots and that I made them myself ;)
Thanks a lot, Gator! You just made my day! :D
And to answer your question, most of the time I use the in-game letters. But if I need to make something the game can't satisfy (Marlboro, Vodafone, Ferrari logo, Monster Energy, etc.) I'll make my own letters. And please do make that Red Bull Toureg; I would love to see it!
And frankly, I spend too much time in the paint shop, which is how I get these things done. And if you want a secret hint for one of my lower case letters: r = upside down J with an extra line. ;) If you need any more of my tricks, feel free to ask! I love seeing other artists! :D

@SupDoo Thanks a lot! Do you do any painting? ...Uh scratch that. I just saw your thread. Great work! :D
Last edited by grooks10 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Stick & Paint”