Forza Horizon Talk

Open World Racing
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Karu62 wrote:i have been through the Forza Horizon forums looking for any info on Force Feedback wheels. there is a post about someone that bought a fanatec, but its his first wheel and his first game with a wheel. there is no comments from anyone comparing FH with a sim quality game in terms of FFB.

before i can even consider Horizon i would need input from someone that can compare the Force Feedback and handling in Horizon against that from TDU1 and whatever sim quality game there is for Xbox.

the other thing i would need to know is the compatability of Xbox and Horizon to Logitch wheels.
I have a G27 that I use for Gran Turismo on PS3. Apparently you can't use a Logitech wheel with Xbox without a converter like this: http://www.xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm...that link came from a thread on GT Planet here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185223

Unfortunately, I can't tell you about the FFB in Horizon as I don't have said converter, just a silly little controller :(
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

I bought the game, although I was on the fence about it. Overall, relative to TDU2, it is about equal, but I still like TDU2 better. Lots of pros and cons, but TDU2 just has the "replay-ability" factor most games don't have, and you can run out of things to do in Horizon faster.

Pros/Cons relative to TDU2.

Pros:

- Impressive car list (although, it is Forza, kind of expected)
- Good graphics
- Cosmetic damage can be turned off
- Better driving physics
- Better Radio stations
- Full car customization

Cons:

- Extremely small map size
- Some included cars (imo) should NOT have been included (ex. track cars in a street-based game)
- Less replay-ability
- Not the best club system
- Financial burden (M$ is milking this one: $80 for limited edition version + $50 for a "season pass" granting you all the DLC cars, so if you want it all, with tax, you are looking at over $140).

Also, on a semi-related note, Forza is only for the xbox, but how many xbox players are on here, who also own the game? I think i'm one of few.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have also Horizon ... the main reason for me buying a xbox
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

SpeedFreak.be wrote:I have also Horizon ... the main reason for me buying a xbox
You bought an xbox just for one game? Wow...

(actually, i'm a hypocrite there. Reason I bought one was for GTA4, in which is still my favorite game of all time. Got sick of playing GTA3 on the PS2 lol).
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

HELL YES!!!!!!

[youtube]kJZ0rqR7XtQ[/youtube]

The pack contains:

1971 AMC Javelin AMX

2009 Aston Martin DBS

2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta (want badly in tdu)

2006 Ford GTX1

2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top

1993 McLaren F1

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

SpeedFreak.be wrote:HELL YES!!!!!!

[youtube]kJZ0rqR7XtQ[/youtube]

The pack contains:

1971 AMC Javelin AMX

2009 Aston Martin DBS

2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta (want badly in tdu)

2006 Ford GTX1

2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top

1993 McLaren F1
OHMYGODDDD...GTX1........H1 Alpha.....McLaren F1....OHMYGAWDDD

And then there's the Ford Raptor Halo edition...em no thank you...
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

I am disappointed.
Prepsi

DBS????? BUT NO V12 VANTAGE????? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:DBS????? BUT NO V12 VANTAGE????? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
Well there will be carpack every month (this isn't atari you know) so the chance is huge we'll see it in the future.

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Prepsi

SpeedFreak.be wrote:
Prepsi wrote:DBS????? BUT NO V12 VANTAGE????? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
Well there will be carpack every month (this isn't atari you know) so the chance is huge we'll see it in the future.
I'm going to take the negative position here as i always do on and off the forums and say the only reason the DBS got in Horizon in the first place is to be like a Virage for people who didn't preorder. That might seem nice, but to people like me who decided to go with the Virage as their preorder car, it seems kinda screwy. They prob wont have the V12V as there's a V12 Zagato in there however i don't like it as it is all stripped out and i like Aston's for their comfort. Still, as an Aston fanatic and owner of every available Aston in horizon including the preorder Virage, it is my responsibility to buy the DBS when i get the pack. Speaking of car packs, did any season pass owners notice that the november season pass car [Lambo Miura concept] has an magic invisible 7th gear? Shots of the car's interior confirm it is a 6spd manual. Some people won't care, but detail freaks like me feel turned off from the car by it.

Return to “Forza Horizon”