Forza Horizon 2

The next evolution
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

grooks10 wrote:
GMAC wrote:Image
This photo reminds me so much of TDU1! And I'm sure the game is really fun, but with my limited budged (and my disappointment in Forza 5, which has made me bitter towards the rest of the Forza franchise), I only have room for two games this year, and those are Project CARS and The Crew. I'm not saying they are objectively better or worse, but those are the ones I will be buying this winter.
honestly i hated fm5 but this is amazing, well worth the 60 [or 90] bucks in my case.
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

grooks10 wrote:
GMAC wrote:Image
This photo reminds me so much of TDU1! And I'm sure the game is really fun, but with my limited budget (and my disappointment in Forza 5, which has made me bitter towards the rest of the Forza franchise), I only have room for two games this year, and those are Project CARS and The Crew. I'm not saying they are objectively better or worse, but those are the ones I will be buying this winter.

I would agree with Prepsi, this over FM5 any day of the week. Yes they have left out a few cars and things from FH but I can't give too many negatives unlike FM5. Although, in my mind, still not all it could be, especially the size of the map, it is still a very good game. I would certainly recommend getting it, and I don't do that often, but obviously seeing what you have written it would be when the price takes a dive.

I have taken some photos on the ONE and will go do the same on 360 to show the difference in class, it is crazy.
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've got to say I am enjoying this game so far, only played a few hours but liking the handling and the cars.
I do think the scenery is a bit boring when out in the countryside (unlike The Crew) but the towns and villages make up for it.
However after playing The Crew I do get the feeling something is missing from this game and I don't just mean the size of the map, I can't put my finger on it yet but I just don't get the same feeling I do when I play The Crew. :?
Maybe its the fact that The Crew has a lot more to do besides racing and cursing but one thing it dose beat The Crew in is the awesome paint and stickers shop that all these Forza games have :rightthumbup: looking forward to playing with that.

Will post some photos and maybe a video or two when I work out how to use the Xbox one fully. :loll:
Image Image
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

What's missing from Horizon 2's world is the people, wildlife, aircraft flying overhead and other details that make the exploration more interesting in The Crew.

Despite that shortcoming, Horizon 2 is a very fun game, the physics are so spot on that it makes the Horizon 1 feel like rubbish and the dynamic weather is just amazing, whenever it rains, I can't help but go for a drive.

davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

Have been playing this a while on my sons Xbox one and have to say it is very enjoyable liking the on-line road-trips apart from the occasional meathead who can'r drive and is probably more at home on crap of duty than on a driving game!
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Haven't played this for a bit, not that its a bad game it's just that it doesn't feel open world enough to me. :|
Also the statement that "if you can see it you can drive to it" is false I found it impossible to drive up a hillside that was blocked by a small wall, I even drove for miles to find an opening in the wall but never found one :( give up in the end.
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

After watching some videos of Horizon 2, it's the only game that reminds of tdu2 and by just watching the gameplay videos the handling/physics model is just amazing compared to what The Crew has. If I had an xbox one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

The biggest flaw with FH2 is the size of the map. If it was the size of Ibiza or even better Hawaii then I could see myself playing it for hours on end but I'm already back to TDU2 and enjoying every second of it. Hopefully in the next few years Turn 10 can figure out that if they go and create a game, over several years, the size of The Crew they will be on to a huge winner. Instead they will probably just keep pumping out great games with tiny tiny maps.
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

GMAC wrote:The biggest flaw with FH2 is the size of the map. If it was the size of Ibiza or even better Hawaii then I could see myself playing it for hours on end but I'm already back to TDU2 and enjoying every second of it. Hopefully in the next few years Turn 10 can figure out that if they go and create a game, over several years, the size of The Crew they will be on to a huge winner. Instead they will probably just keep pumping out great games with tiny tiny maps.
What's stopping them from creating a map the size of hawaii? Isn't that what the community wants? Such beautiful graphics and cars and that open world vibe going on, Forza Horizon is screaming Open world huge map... I would buy xbox one just for that game.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This game is now gathering dust on my xbone, I might go back to it one day but it will not be soon.
Most of the landscape is pretty dull compared to the crew and its definitely not open world the only things I liked was the handling of the cars and the awesome paint shop. :twocents-02cents:
Image Image

Return to “Forza Horizon 2”