Forza Horizon 2

The next evolution
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

DDastardly00 wrote:I am work right now, but I think the back of the game case said the the full game is 45 gigs :shock:

Here is a pic I took of my starting car at the airport:

Damn, that is insane but I suppose it is only going to get bigger as technology advances.

Is that the car you are put with or is there a choice of starter cars?

Hopefully I get it tomorrow and I can have a lazy weekend.
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

GMAC wrote:
DDastardly00 wrote:I am work right now, but I think the back of the game case said the the full game is 45 gigs :shock:

Here is a pic I took of my starting car at the airport:

Damn, that is insane but I suppose it is only going to get bigger as technology advances.

Is that the car you are put with or is there a choice of starter cars?

Hopefully I get it tomorrow and I can have a lazy weekend.
you can choose between a z4, a 1st gen camaro ss, or a supra.
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Prepsi wrote:you can choose between a z4, a 1st gen camaro ss, or a supra.
Supra it is then, can't stand BMWs and I don't like American cars much either although I do have a soft spot for the Camaro. I feel like taking the whole month of October off work so I can play this and give the The Crew Beta a go.
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Yes that's correct, and the best starting car choices I've eve encountered in a racing game, Z4, 1969 Camaro, or a 1998 Toyota Supra JZ,.

I was so torn between the Supra and the Camaro that I bought the Camaro as soon as I unlocked the Autoshow (where you buy cars) so I could have them both. I'm picking up the Z4 next!

I want MOAR rain, I love the dynamic weather in this game!
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

DDastardly00 wrote:Yes that's correct, and the best starting car choices I've eve encountered in a racing game, Z4, 1969 Camaro, or a 1998 Toyota Supra JZ,.

I was so torn between the Supra and the Camaro that I bought the Camaro as soon as I unlocked the Autoshow (where you buy cars) so I could have them both. I'm picking up the Z4 next!

I want MOAR rain, I love the dynamic weather in this game!
I was happy with getting the Corrado in FH as it was the next car on my 'to own' list. I personally think starting with the Ford Fiesta, Vauxhall Corsa, Honda Civic or a VW Golf. Who actually starts out in life with a Z4 or the likes? I got a nice cheap car for my first and progressed as and when I felt it was appropriate.

Anyways I can't wait. I have had the email saying it's on it's way so hopefully it's here before Friday's release date. Pre-orders usually are.
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

My son got FH2 for his XB1 and I have been giving it a play so far so good, great graphics, dynamic weather, open road and the ability to fully mod any car with things like different engine, transmission, tyres, rims etc and paint jobs and designs.

Somewhat puzzled by the fact with some of the normal street cars that you have to do some cross-country off road races but can live with that.

But it should come with an annoying twat alert with that gimp that pops up during the single player game to tell you about things he is the sort of character that if I met him in real life I would have to punch him in the face! :lol:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
GMAC
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

davejc64 wrote:My son got FH2 for his XB1 and I have been giving it a play so far so good, great graphics, dynamic weather, open road and the ability to fully mod any car with things like different engine, transmission, tyres, rims etc and paint jobs and designs.

Somewhat puzzled by the fact with some of the normal street cars that you have to do some cross-country off road races but can live with that.

But it should come with an annoying twat alert with that gimp that pops up during the single player game to tell you about things he is the sort of character that if I met him in real life I would have to punch him in the face! :lol:
Played on the ONE for the first time yesterday morning and it is incredible. I doubt I will be playing it for as long as I have played TDU2 but it will certainly fill a gap until a mix of TDU and Horizon comes along and I certainly don't The Crew will be that game. Graphics are miles ahead of anything I have played before, and after playing FH2 on the 360 the step up is mind blowing. This was capped off by a late night drive around the waterfront of Nice.

With all the positives it is hard to find much negatives but I would certainly second what dave has said. I find it strange and idiotic driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini over dirt tracks and the voice acting, although fine to start with, gets on my tits. The major downside is still the size of the map. Even with all the work they have put into the graphics they really should have been able to make a larger map.

I will try to get some photos up from similar areas on each console to show just how different the games are in terms of graphics, but for now I leave you with this.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ne ... 1_car_pack
GT - GMAC DAWG[/b] Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I find it strange and idiotic driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini over dirt tracks
I haven't played the game (yet) but also noticed this in some of the videos going around the net, it dose look strange seeing some of these cars going off road without even a hint of loss in control. :o

You can't do this in The Crew, especially with the more exotic sports cars you just lose all traction.
I've got to admit I am a bit surprised that FH has taken this approach to the off-roading, it takes a bit of the realism away for me . :(
Image Image
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Indeed the decision to race mercs or classic cars off-road is strange ... I mean who races a merc E63 AMG off-road irl? Then the drivatars are annoying as hell ... on road trips they are bumping, ramming, etc constantly furthermore they cheat ... for instance in cross country they are allowed to miss checkpoints however if you miss one by an inch you are gonna be reset.

That said I have a blast level 162 atm and only 40% done .... this game is HUGE
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

GMAC wrote:Image
This photo reminds me so much of TDU1! And I'm sure the game is really fun, but with my limited budget (and my disappointment in Forza 5, which has made me bitter towards the rest of the Forza franchise), I only have room for two games this year, and those are Project CARS and The Crew. I'm not saying they are objectively better or worse, but those are the ones I will be buying this winter.
Last edited by grooks10 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “Forza Horizon 2”