Simbin R3E

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Well known Simbin team has launched a free to play version of it.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/211500
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice going to check this out later :D

[youtube]OWOhoQnfl78[/youtube]
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

R3E has improved physics and handling. they are calling it "get real" mode. it also has a new rendering engine called "RendR".i hope its compatible with the track builder.

i cant test it for myself as i still dont have a video card. hope one of you can go try it and post your opinion.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RaceRoom Racing Experience (R3E)

This is the successor of the successful Race07 series. Targeted at online multiplayer races.

The base game is free to play and there is currently one DLC; DTM Experience.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://insider.simbin.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
About the Game

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a Free2Race game that connects fans of racing around a game and motorsports portal.

Drivers begin their racing career in the portal and hit the track with plenty of free-to-play content. Five cars and two tracks are provided free to all registered users.

Licensed cars, tracks and championships are available for purchase in the online store allowing players to build the game of their dreams.

The game is undergoing continuous development with new game modes, features and content being added regularly.

Key Features

FREE2RACE – A high end racing game for free
The game includes five free-to-play cars and two highly detailed tracks, all of which can be used in any game mode. Premium cars and tracks are made available to drive for free during competitions and challenges.

SKILL BASED GAMING – It takes talent to master
The only thing that can make you faster or better than your opponents is the skill and talent that come through practice.

ROOKIE TO PRO – Competing on equal terms
Three different driving models are available; Novice, Amateur, and the advanced Get Real™ driving model, which emulates real racing closer than ever before.

APEX HUNT - Track knowledge is key
Apex Hunt develops your skill while familiarizing you with each race track and their varied layouts.

NEW TECHNOLOGY – SimBin quality
Boasting a New RendR graphical engine, new 7.1 sound engine, and Immersidrive, the latest physics and handling model – RaceRoom Racing Experience is the rebirth of SimBin racing games.

SOCIAL GAMING – Meet, greet and compete
Join in free competitions and share your competitive passion with motorsports enthusiasts from around the world.

USER GENERATED CONTENT - Connect, create and share
User statistics are tracked via a Persistent Driver Profile. Replays and images are accessed from the media hub, where the user can edit them. From there, they can be uploaded to the players profile and be shared.

Important Info/DLC Purchasing Policy
R3E user accounts are associated with the user’s Steam account for security and transactions through Steam Wallet. A Steam account can use multiple R3E accounts by using the ‘switch accounts’ function in the R3E Account Settings.

Upon purchasing an R3E DLC via the Steam Store, an R3E user account will be permanently associated with that Steam account and it will no longer be possible to switch accounts. The option to switch accounts will be permanently removed from the R3E Account Settings.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I wonder what the driving in this game will be like. I see a lot of negative reviews, varying from greed to bad physics.

But did they try the advanced Get Real™ driving model? Probably not. Easy mode by default off course. I have seen so many reviews now from players who only tried default setups, including from The Crew, that i don't think these reviews are very reliable.
At least try a couple of different game modes and use different control options. *sigh*.

Of course the free to play, rip you off to progress model is a plague. Any pay-to-win game is not cool.
But i will only use this to see if it drives well.

I always liked the Race07 series. If this is an improved version, it might be good.

With Assetto Corsa and pCars out there, the graphics look a bit dated from the first look of it.

Downloading now. :party:

PS, here a colorful review from an "experienced" player, lol.
Maybe he is right, maybe not. I'll take my chances.
Just five minutes in and I know EXACTLY what this game is about... It's about greed.
There is barely any physics, any realism to this. It's simply a cash-grab.

You need vRP to do anything, and guess what, IT COSTS REAL MONEY!!

Yeah, it's Free-To-Play but it's Pay-To-Win.

DO NOT EVEN DOWNLOAD THIS GAME...YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

this is a header quote and picture link from an Email I got this morning from SimBin on the new R3E.

NEW FORCE FEEDBACK & ROAD FEEL
Force feedback code has been rewritten and combined with new track surfaces to give you the most realistic road feeling yet.

http://sector3studios.com/newsletter/sep10/4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried R3E last night and I must say the physics, handling, and force feedback in Get Real mode is noticeably better than Race07. it is actually fun to drive, even if it is on 1 track.

I don't have any video's yet, I am still learning the track.

Return to “Simbin Games”