Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz wrote:

and 1h Max ^^

Next season will be epic, this was the first time i saw the tires fitted on the car and damn, those even bigger than i thought they was, F1 just got alot more interesting, and closer racing potential is always nice and exactly what we want to see.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The F1 puzzle seems to have come to an end, as Wehrlein has signed at Sauber. His name and Valtteri Bottas have circulated as Nico Rosbergs replacement for 2017.

Bottas to Mercedes and Massa returning for another year at williams will close the late silly season.
There is an exception though. Manor GP has not even announced a single driver for 2017. Will they make it to the grid at all....

All announcements still have to be made official. Maybe they will coordinate them as all are connected.

I have to say kudos to both Mercedes and Williams GP for this solution. With Williams as the clear winner. They will get the Mercedes engine for free and will have a good line up with Massa and Stroll.

There are also rumors of Ross Brawn getting a more prominent role in the F1 organization. Probably forusing more on the technical side of things. Another big name coming out of retirement.

First tests at Barcelona are not far away now. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I really can't wait to see what this new wonder boy Stroll can do, and not to forget Vandoorne, it'll be an explosive midfield this year with new F1 drivers in fast factory teams let the madness begin, but i stil hope Verstappen can keep it up, and my country man Magnussen finally have gotten a decent ride so he can start to race up the field and not down.

But regardless i think the 2017 season will be an epic one as so much just thrown up in the air and new talents got a chance to shine, and new but also oldschool tech returns in the form of super wide tires now we just new the engines to burst into flames like in the old days :lol:

And i pray the new upgraded and super tuned engines have found a nicer sound as their current sound is such a buzz kill.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Vandoorne is a real driving talent. If McLaren and Honda can deliver they have a strong package.

Stoll has won F3, but mainly due to the extensive extra training sessions. Of course you still need to have the drivers talent. But it aint a Verstappen or Vandoorne. Lets see if he can make Massas life miserable. Massa was outclassed last year by Bottas, dont forget that.

Some other more disturbing news. The last season has become the final season of Manor it seems. The point loss to Sauber might have been the last nail to their coffin.

Unless they pul a rabbit from their hats with a new pay driver, it looks like they wont make it to the grid in Australia. Too bad really, as they deserve to get a chance to show their true potential.

This will leave a gap on the grid next year.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For Sale: Max' Company Car

Only 6 months old and 4.000KM driven. It can be all yours for 240K €.

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

In the voting competition for the best overtaking action of the year, the final goes between Verstappen and Verstappen. :lol:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Verstappen won that competition :D
Best overtaking action of the Year was on Rosberg in soaking wet Brasil.

Finally some news. Like expected; Phelipe Massa returns to Williams GP for one more Year. Kudos to him.
The news came from Williams, only confirming even more that they played a key role in helping Mercedes with their little "Rosberg" problem.

Claire Williams also wished Valtteri Bottas luck at Mercedes GP.

As things are set in motion now, the announcement of Paddy Lowe going to Williams and the confirmation from Mercedes on the Bottas deal won't be long.

In a bit more than a Month from now, the first tests in Barcelona will be held. :party:

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “The Lay-by”