Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The FIA Strategy Group has single handed decided to go for the HALO option for cockpit protection in 2018.

The worst possible variation, that also does not protect the driver from small parts going through there and can be potentially dangerous when the car is upside down.
They claim it to be a unanimous decision, but that is a lie. A lot of teams were against this form of protection and especially against the halo variant. It looks ugly as well.

The FIA shows its worst side with this decision. They clearly do not have the best interest of the sport in mind.
The last word has probably not been spoken about this.

First they refuse to ban Vettel for a race and now this. How to ruin a sport :(
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

OMFG

Why don't they just make them closed cockpit racers, they look so much cooler, but this HELO crap is not gonna be around for long, as the fans wouldn't watch the sport so Liberty Media needs to step in and and shrew a texas boot up the FIA's aholes :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It appears to be a collective decision. 9 out of 10 teams have voted in favor of the HALO. I seriously do not understand this and think FIA must have given some strange potion to the team principals.

I'm not against protecting drivers from potential harm. The recent tested SHIELD looked 10x better and also has the ability to deflect small parts and bolts if needed. And if Vettel gets dizzy, it is because his brain does not function in the right manner anyway at the moment. They should have tested it with other drivers as well.

The HALO can work counter productive IMO. But we will see.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I guess that's it, no longer gonna watch F1, Formula 1 cars are meant to be a development sport, but lately nothing has been happening, cars sound like shit, they should bring the V8's back, and with this new Halo is really going to happen then i won't watch it, it is ugly as fuck, and doesn't work unless it is a actually tire is flying against it, as it doesn't catch carbon bits or say a manhole cover, so it is ugly and pointless, and is going to be hurt the sport big time.

And is the FIA really that about driver death crashes, well newz flash the last nasty car was a crash in a big forklift in the insane rain, and the FIA buttholes should have redflagged the race so that death is the FIA, so screw you Charlie Whiting...

I doubt the diehard fans would like these ugly HALO's, the FIA is actively trying to ruin the sport..... It isn't called a professional blood sport for nothing, fans want to see the drivers drive at the limit and not see them drive around with a pussy grill on their car. NO just NO..
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe someone made a sneaky deal with a slipper manufacturer. :lol:

The most important reason not to do it, is the same as why fat women should not wear leggings. Just don't do it.

Hamilton agrees on this. Donno 'bout the leggings :loll:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Würtz really makes a non argument there. Maybe he is practicing for a job at the FIA :loll:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe FIA kills the sport with their notorious decision making. But they surely boost the tweets. :lol:
Just a couple
More here

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Magnussen; "If it looks like shit, it is shit".
No shit, Kevin :lol:

Also, negotiations between Sauber and Honda have stopped. And Honda will stay with Mclaren next year. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

OMG, why don't Honda just admit defeat and get the fuck out of Formula 1, they clearly can't make a engine, and what they do make blows up EVERY race.

I would hate to see McLaren suffer yet another year of Honda shit engines, also who is to say Honda will be ready with engines next year, i seriously doubt they'll be more competitive than they are now - when they actually can race...

If i where McLaren i would make the next MP-XX racer with the option to swap in the Renault engine, as i think Honda will wet the bed again next year, and the joke is so over.

Also it is a massive mistake not to Sauber on Honda engines too, as Honda needs more data to be competitive and just McLaren's 2 cars is far from enough.

Return to “The Lay-by”