Drop in and chat about anything

Beardroid91
Petrol Head
Petrol Head
TDUDT Supporter
TDUDT Supporter

Re: Formula1 Talk

Post by Beardroid91 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm

I only watched the highlight version of the race on Sky F1, it was so much nicer than the long and boring race, i think i'll do that in the future as well as the normal race can be so boring AF that you nearly fall asleep or start doing other things and mis out on the good bits.

PC Player:

Hardware:
Intel I7 4790K, Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW and 16 GB Fury ram

MadManCK
Veteran Racer
Veteran Racer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MadManCK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 am

It is official now, talks are in place to bring Formula 1 back to The Netherlands. :woot:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-b ... ce-963828/?

They look for a city race, but IMO they should bring back Zandvoort to the calender. It is a real racetrack, designed by Hugenholtz, who also created Suzuka, Zolder, Jarama and the stadium section of the Hockenheim ring. Last GP was won by Niki Lauda.

But i do understand the philosophy to create festival style events.
IMO a mix can be done. A similar event as was held in London can be done in Amsterdam. And the real race in the Zandvoort dunes.

It will be cool to have a GP back over here. It has been way too long. Max makes this possible.

:2thumbsup:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

MadManCK
Veteran Racer
Veteran Racer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MadManCK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Despite earlier rumors, Pierre Gasly will drive for the Super Formula Championship in Japan.
Le Mans winner Brendon Hartley (NZ) will take his place at Scuderia Toro Rosso during the US GP in Austin, Texas.

Gasly can win the championship in his Honda powered Super Formula. So there is a lot at stake there. And Gasly has already secured his spot in F1 with a decent performance until now. Even if Franz Tost has said that the line up for next season is completely open.

I have not seen the name of Hartley on anyones list as a possible replacement. Long time it was suggested that one of the Indycar drivers would take Gasly's place, in case he decided to drive in Japan.

Gasly does take a small risk here, as Hartley might perform well and claim a spot in Formula 1. On the other hand, that will most likely be the end of Kvyatt at Toro Rosso. With the Russian driving the last couple of races as replacement for Sainz, Toro Rosso has a good bench-marker for both Gasly and Hartley. Kvyatt has always been a very fast driver, but his decisions on the track during races lack insight and he is rancorous.

This means the return of New Zealand as supplier of an F1 driver :mrgreen:

https://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/359 ... formula-1/

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Veteran Racer
Veteran Racer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MadManCK » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Some nice insight about last years title battle between Rosberg and Hamilton by Grandmaster Niki Lauda

https://youtu.be/f6SZTJzIRQM

Lunytrickz
Weekly challenge Winner
Weekly challenge Winner
TDUDT Supporter
TDUDT Supporter
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lunytrickz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Return to “The Lay-by”