The Space Thread

Drop in and chat about anything
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe life is abundant and takes root everywhere the conditions allow it.

I also believe the distances to be too great to travel. if it were possible, many aliens would do it and earth would have become an alien crossroads along time ago. the fact it isn't means that interstellar travel really is that hard and aliens species are all stuck in their local systems like we are.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:I'll just leave this here: http://www.doaliensexist.org/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :sci-fi-beamup:
I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing one of those articles when it says that aliens have a short stature with large eyes, two legs, and two arms. With as much biodiversity as there is just here on Earth, it would be almost completely impossible for another fully intelligent life form to have the exact same anatomical structure as humans, especially when they have developed in a completely different environment under entirely different evolutionary conditions. On top of that, I would also be hard pressed to believe that they could even breathe our air. Given that we are one of few planets with an extremely dense atmosphere, these extraterrestrials would probably not have the lungs to support the amount of nitrogen, oxygen, and other inert gases (as well as pollutants) present in our air. But being that I've never met an extraterrestrial, I can't rule out the possibility that they evolved under extremely similar conditions to ours.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
:loll:

Return to “The Lay-by”