Site loading issues

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just a heads up the site is having some loading issues at the moment, I’m on the case to get it resolved. :D
If you are having problems post here to let me know :(
Image Image
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now that the website is growing by the day, you should consider moving to a real domain name and hosting.
Can be cheap. I'm running the Ramteam Community website on a domain+hosting for less than €10.- (ex taxes) per year ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

RamteamJax wrote:Now that the website is growing by the day, you should consider moving to a real domain name and hosting.
Can be cheap. I'm running the Ramteam Community website on a domain+hosting for less than €10.- (ex taxes) per year ;)
I'm looking into it but the only option to upgrade on freeforums is through http://hostgator.com/ :(
Image Image
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

The base sourcecode of this forum is phpBB .. you can request a database backup from freeforums. I'm sure it's in your upmost right to request ánd get it in your country.

Once you have the db backup, you can easily host it somewhere else, install the phpBB script through (most likely) Installatron which is mostly included with DirectAdmin at hosting companies, and then you can install the backup database.

I would say: try to get the db backup !

If they won't give it to you, you can try to use Xcloner to make a db backup yourself :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

RamteamJax wrote:The base sourcecode of this forum is phpBB .. you can request a database backup from freeforums. I'm sure it's in your upmost right to request ánd get it in your country.

Once you have the db backup, you can easily host it somewhere else, install the phpBB script through (most likely) Installatron which is mostly included with DirectAdmin at hosting companies, and then you can install the backup database.

I would say: try to get the db backup !

If they won't give it to you, you can try to use Xcloner to make a db backup yourself :)
unfortunately this will not work , I have no access to the database :( or the server :(

I built this hole site through the control panel :eek:
Image Image
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

do you have ftpaccess to this forum ?

Return to “The Lay-by”