Question ...............

Drop in and chat about anything
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

i was wondering
BugFatti still holds the topspeed record because they don't alow others doing an attemp on they're VW testtrack

why dosn't someona take a Koenigsegg Agera R to the Salt Lake Flats ???
hell, even that SSC did his run on a closed public road
and Hennessey went to the NASA landingstrip :think:
while they are from there

whats wrong with the Salt Lake Flats???
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is indeed a bit lame that VW does not allow Koenigsegg to do some runs over there. It has been asked countless times.

Problem for a recognized speedrun is that you need to go in both directions within a certain amount of time to make it a valid attempt on the record. :ugeek:

Salt lake is an option, but is also very tricky as the surface is slippery and you probably need special tires. Not to mention that salt is no friend of cars.

But i have seen a salt lake rocket car in The Crew, so maybe you can try it out in the game :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
\/8

There's also The Nardo Ring. I think Koenigseggseggsegg used it when they were beating the WR with CCX (not sure on the model name).
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thats a RING not a strait
they got over Mach 1 with a jetcar on the Salts
so its more than long enough
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

\/8 wrote:There's also The Nardo Ring.
Nardo is great to test cars with speeds up to around 200MPH. Above that it can become hairy, as the road is a bit bumpy and it creates friction because of the circle. And friction turns into heat and that can become an issue for the tires at extreme speeds.

Remember that the Veyron tires can only last about 20 minutes at top speeds. And that is in a straight line.

You can see the movements of the Diablo in this video of Sandro Munari (former Lancia Stratos Rallye star), doing 340 km/h.
And being Italian, always make sure your hair is ok before you drive :laughing-rolling: . Great driver.

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

And another 300+ km/h battle on Nardo
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

\/8

Lunytrickz wrote:Thats a RING not a strait
they got over Mach 1 with a jetcar on the Salts
so its more than long enough
Yeah it was late here when I posted it and I missed the point of your first post.
I think the biggest Bonneville problem is salt and for EU car companies it's overseas which might be an issue too.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some Bonneville stories

:2thumbsup:

steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Are you kidding me. My sisters Kia Rio would beat the Veyron in a drag race LMAO. J/k. Isn't there a new contender for the fastest car coming from america. The S5?
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers

Return to “The Lay-by”