Am I alone?

Drop in and chat about anything
paidewei
New Starter
New Starter

I was just wondering: am I the only one that gets really nostalgic about video games? Games I played in my childhood or even games I finished within the past five years. I feel "empty" inside when I think about the times I had playing them. Sometimes I go back and try to play them again but its not the same. Even if is a silly little game like Runescape from my childhoood I get this feeling. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way about really good or memorable games they have played. :shifty:
The Crew In-Game ID: iPdubbs
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

No you are not, one of my mates and i sometimes play Commander & Conquer Generals 'Zero Hour' which is 11 years old ;)

Some of the newer games are otter junk compared with the older ones 8-)

Nostalgia FTW :2thumbsup:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Just so you know, I still play Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense to this day, both are games from the Playstation One era. Other games from my childhood I still play nowadays includes F-Zero GX, The Simpsons Hit & Run, Super Mario Sunshine, Runabout, and Midnight Club. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
paidewei
New Starter
New Starter

Those are all great games heh. For me the game that gives me the most nostalgia is Anno 1602. I remember playing it on my dad's old pc all night even though I had no idea what I was doing. :lol: Glad I am not alone though! :2thumbsup:
The Crew In-Game ID: iPdubbs
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

i have a pc that still runs windows 95 and has original battlefield and red alert install occasionally i jump on and play it does remind me of how good our PC are today
GodEneru
Apprentice
Apprentice

You aren't alone, I may have never played old PC games but I did play the old Famicom games (or NES if outside Asia), the old Mario games were much more difficult than the new ones, and addictive too.

But maybe my best memories comes from this:

I still play this on an emulator when I have nothing else to do.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

M.A.M.E FTW :party:

:2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:M.A.M.E FTW :party:

M.A.M.E, now that brings back memories :character-oldtimer:
I have shelves full of old games I've played over the years, the last one I played was Far Cry 1 I couldn't believe those graphics when I first loaded up the game and they still look good today. :D
Image Image
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

I get "nostalgic" about past times in tdu2 haha.

The games just not the same anymore, no one really plays it on my friends list and I guess it was "overplayed" having way over 2K hours on board. (I still have a life, I swear :lol: ).

I remember the 1st few months of tdu2 on ps3 (not from release, but from when I got it in September 2011) . Having to sign in and out of psn to connect to the stupid servers. Those were the times :P
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:M.A.M.E FTW :party:

I have a partially built MAME cab and I have over 1000 old coin op games. Mostly play games I played in taverns in those days, Pacman, Missile Command, Mr. Do. Partially built for over 10 years. Used 3/4 plywood and it's heavy. Never finished because I always thought I would replace plywood with fiberboard. Works as is though and fun. Paid good money for control panel in those days. It has spinner, trackball, (2) eight way joystick with 7 buttons each, (1) four way joystick with 3 buttons, and side buttons for pinball.

As for old games, I still play MOM2 and the original XCOM on occasion. There are some newer games out that are trying the retro style gaming. Divinity-Original Sin is quite good and fun. Pillars of Eternity may also prove good. If you like the original XCOM I hear that Xenonauts is good too, in the style of the old game vs the newer remake.

Return to “The Lay-by”