Formula E

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay I changed my mind about Formula E, it is pretty cool to watch, cars are sliding around the corner etc. - the sound is better than I though, also the pits where they change cars is cool.

Luny you have a good point about that, but I think hydrogen fuel is a thing for Formula One, in say 2020 ;)
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

O...M...F...G
they have to change to other car with fully charged battery halfway the race :loll: :angry-banghead:

edit:
SH***T daddy Prost must be uthery ashamed for the move of his son in that last corner :eeek:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lunytrickz wrote:daddy Prost must be utherly ashamed for the move of his son in that last corner :eeek:
That is one way to defend your position.... :oops:
Or to kill your opponent. :shock:

Heidfeld did put the pressure on nicely and should have won there.
Lame move from "little" Prost, because with driving like that he will never even become a shadow of his bend nosed daddy.

:auto-swerve:

I was a good race. Had a bit of A1GP flavor to it. We will see if it will succeed. With Jean Todt's FIA support it probably will.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Funny, I mentioned faking engine noise and here is a story about that and the new Mustang Ecoboost.

Faked Engine Noise
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, the BMW i8 has fake sounds as well. All you need is a girlfriend with fake boobs, Brazilian buttjob, hair extensions, lip fillers and silicon cheeks to go with it.
The world is starting to get dominated by clones, cloned food, recycled movies and fakes.

Reminds me of a kid in my street who placed a piece of cardboard between his bicycle spokes to mimic an engine sound... :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Yes, the BMW i8 has fake sounds as well. All you need is a girlfriend with fake boobs, Brazilian buttjob, hair extensions, lip fillers and silicon cheeks to go with it.
The world is starting to get dominated by clones, cloned food, recycled movies and fakes.

Reminds me of a kid in my street who placed a piece of cardboard between his bicycle spokes to mimic an engine sound... :loll:
Lol Mad, didn't we all do that at some point in our youth :D

And i not fund the fake sounds, but it sure beats the alternative of hearing a taggy sewing machine sound of an engine (small V3's) :lol:
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I never knew they already faked the noise in other cars but most of you follow cars closer than I do.

I used baseball or football trading cards in my spokes. Yep, we all did it where I lived.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

We used lollypop sticks, had the same effect :P
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote:I never knew they already faked the noise in other cars but most of you follow cars closer than I do.
There was a device called Vroombox, that you can mount in your car or Van and make it Sound like a Countach V12.

They already tune the exhoust pipes on some cars, like a pipe organ. Porsche has spent a lot of time to make the water cooled Boxer 6 cylinder sound similar to the air cooled predecessor.

I think the complete silence of electric cars can be relaxing and make your sound system rock. For the best car sounds you need to go back to the carburettor age anyway.
But for a race i think the noises, smell and shaking ground are part of the immersion.

Maybe this F-E can get a class above it, with F1 type performance. Or maybe the F-E and F1 will grow towards each other in the Future.

Cool part about F-E is that you can organize off world events as well, as you don't need oxygen to run the engine. A Moon Based Race is definitely an option. :lol:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

[/quote]For the best car sounds you need to go back to the carburettor age anyway. [/quote]

Had to edit this, did not own Challenger but 1969 Coronet. Still had 440 Magnum engine and 4 speed. So, this is the car I actually owned back in the day.
I bought used in 1975 or 76 but it was a blast to drive and I still recall the sounds. A friend owned a Cuda with a 6 pack. The car made an awesome sound when he stepped on it. A sort of whooshing noise sucking in air and fuel, like taking a deep breath.

Return to “The Lay-by”