isnt technology great

Drop in and chat about anything
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

so i get up this morning and decided to re-download Empire Total War and play for ahwile. its a large file and even at 850 kb/sec it still will take an hour.

it got started and about 15 minutes later the internet went offline. figures, happens alot this time of morning (was 3 a.m.). about 5 am it came back online and i continued the download (steam can do that). i went to check on the speed, and to my amazement it was no longer at the usual 850 kb/sec, but at 1.8 MB/sec !

we have 3 service levels here in my hometown, 8-9-15 mb. ill bet they dropped the 8-9 and now everyone is on 15.

isnt technology great
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

krikey lol. not only is stteam cruising along at 1.8 MB/sec, but browsing around all the webpages are literally blinking up instantly instead of the usual 1-2 second hesitation.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Usually when a download continues, it adds the already downloaded part to the speed calculation. You will see it generally drops after that untill it reaches your normal speed again. It does look nice for a change though ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Lay-by”