LOTR: Shadows of Mordor 6GB Vram

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

LOTR: Shadows of Mordor asks for 6GB of Vram for optimal Textures. So forget your GTX780ti, ATI290 and even the brand new 980GTX.

:eeek:

All not enough memory. :angry-banghead:

I wonder when the big mem cards will be released. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:LOTR: Shadows of Mordor asks for 6GB of Vram for optimal Textures. So forget your GTX780ti, ATI290 and even the brand new 980GTX.

:eeek:

All not enough memory. :angry-banghead:

I wonder when the big mem cards will be released. :party:
pre game release requirements are ususally insanely exagerrated because most gpu manufacturers want you to go out and buy a new gpu for every single new game that comes out. remember, BF4 and NFS Rivals both ask for 3gb in the reccomeded specs and they run fine on ultra settings on a 2gb card.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe this time it will be different as you can not select Ultra with less than 6 gig.

Maybe i should stick to modding Skyrim anyway. :lol:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Maybe this time it will be different as you can not select Ultra with less than 6 gig.

Maybe i should stick to modding Skyrim anyway. :lol:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
where does it say it won't let you? like i said, card manufacturers are drooling over the money they could make of this game, and game devs, as a rule, generally don't make games where a mid range gpu [think nvidia -60] cant run it.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Get the strong impression it is a very bad optimized game ... from what I've seen there is nothing that can justify 6 GB of vram.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol that's a lot of horse power to drive game, which doesn't look all that nice... Are you the system vram requirement are not for a 4 K screen? Cause the would make more sense :lol:
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Lol that's a lot of horse power to drive game, which doesn't look all that nice... Are you the system vram requirement are not for a 4 K screen? Cause the would make more sense :lol:
i know right, no tesselation on the bricks, bad water physics, washed out colors, i saw the pc gamer ultra video and on 1440p maxed it still looks like dog crap :roll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, you probably don't buy it for the looks. My Skyrim looks better in some aspects.

You buy this game to have an excuse to get a 6+ Gig Vram Video Card and to have a strong argument for the girlfriend or wife. :loll:

:2thumbsup:

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Yes, you probably don't buy it for the looks. My Skyrim looks better in some aspects.

You buy this game to have an excuse to get a 6+ Gig Vram Video Card and to have a strong argument for the girlfriend or wife. :loll:

:2thumbsup:

Yea I know what your girlfriend or wife will then say High is good enough ... I'm off to buy new shoes :lol:
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

this 6gb vram is such bullcrap... i can understand that normal ram usage like that COD Ghosts fiasco when they said you need 6gb ram was bull crap as-well... but 90% of people missed the main point in that.... lets say on day to day usage your OS draws around 2gb of ram all well and good... now lets say you have 8gb to play with you left with 6 you run a game like Ghosts... it loads up draws another 2gb so thats 4 in total out of 8... still good BUT any application that's running on the system can also reserve ram w/o the actual usage it can allocate ram w/o actually using it that's why sometimes running games you get that "system low on memory" while still being on 60-70% usage.... most of the people don't get this message though since they have virtual memory.. windows can offload from the ram into the virtual memory so the game now using most of the ram while your OS is running inside the virtual memory... but i digress.. anyway... this vram usage is crap i say and its due to poor port work.. lets take example from BF4 at 1920x1080 using ultra and 4x MSAA you get around 1.5gb of vram usage... at 2560x1440 you will be at around 2gb of usage... at 3840x2160 you will be at more or less 3gb of usage... also lets take into consideration the fact that BF4 also has internal resolution scaler... setting it to max doubles the internal resolution... its kinda like MSAA but less taxing but more ram usage... so if you run 1080 w/o MSAA you get around 1.1gb or 1.2gb of usage... bumping up the internal resolution to 200% will use around 2gb since you run the game at 2560x1440 while looking at 1080 picture... BF4 is a good example when a game is built for pc first and console second... THIS game however is built consoles first pc second..... pcs don't have shared memory like consoles.. its sad really... ah well its not like im going to play this game... i for one going for witcher 3 :2thumbsup:

so ok... edit time.... friend of mine has this game on steam so he shared it with me and holy crap this game is really suck up lots of ram not to mention its 45gb of a download on steam lol this game manages to take 3800mb of my card i did a quick benchmark and it runs quite good on ultra... average of 80 fps so its all good! :D now the game does stutter once in a while due to vram flushing but its all good :D v-sync locks the game to 60fps even though menu says no limit on fps theres 30 60 and no limit

another edit! :D looks like you can set higher resolutions from 1920x1080 to 2880x1660 and even to 3840x2160 4k resolution gives me 20fps in the menu lol but runs smooth while ingame at around 30 heres a few pics of benchmark

check all that ram usage :D

Return to “The Lay-by”