Ubisoft gets a bashing

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lets hope this is not a sign of things to come with micro-transactions in The Crew. :eeek:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... he-new-ea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image
mclaren6
Rookie
Rookie

Bezrider wrote:Lets hope this is not a sign of things to come with micro-transactions in The Crew. :eeek:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... he-new-ea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From the beta, I can tell you that the micro-transactions can actually buy you power in The Crew. :roll:

You can buy Perk points and top end cars. Those as well as pretty much anything.

I can live with cut content, cut content is necessary for games to live, Pay to win however... NOPE NEVER
PSN: mclaren6 *Insert picture and/or witty comment here* Why do signatures exist again?
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I just hope Ivory Towers has a leach on Ubisoft, because their are not one of the best game studies - specially for pc users.
_

Just played some Assassin's Creed Unity today, and i was very disappointed: one, the texture graphics are crap, even running very high to ultra detail and DSR couldn't suppress it either. Two, the game is supposedly setup by Nvidia, but the screen some times freezes for about 10 sec's, happens alot.

So in all fairness they need to get their priorities in order, i'm just glad i didn't pay the outrages base price for it, as i got it with my GTX 970.

But i'll play it anyway as i need something different to keep me busy until the December 2nd 8-)
_

And in case you are wondering Assassin's Creed needs 42 GB of space :o
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

This doesn't look too good, micro-transactions are never good to be honest. In the crew I always hoped they would be hidden from view, but when a giant corporation like Ubisoft looks over the game then that won't happen, which is annoying.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im sorry for this i know alot of people don't like them

But more POWER to the micro-transactions just my 2 cents :twocents-02cents:

Serious side:

But as a Ubisoft share holder I was happy the boost the launch gave Ubisoft, but the negative press is catching up and its is making a impact im still way in the green but i hope with The Crew launch and Far cry launch just around the corner, plus if they go smooth i might finally be-able to cash in after all these years.

As for Ubisoft turning into the next EA my opinion is they are already there Uplay and Origins they both constantly fight with Steam both charge overly high amounts for brokenish games and both love micro-transactions plus both are slow on DLC release's

After spending close to $2500 on APB joker boxes and $480 on BF4 briefcases im part of the reason these companys like micro-transactions

Edit just checked Steam $1900 on counter-strike keys, boxes etc

just my 2 cents :twocents-02cents:

Return to “The Lay-by”