Games on special offer

Drop in and chat about anything
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Lol, todays prize is a Just Dance greeting card. They keep getting better every day.... :facepalm:

Never look a gift horse in the mouth i guess.... :loll:
Because if you are too close the gift horse will spit chewed on gift cards right in your face! :loll:
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Today's gift pushes into an area that in my opinion is not something a game company should be involved, religion, it's an Advent calendar. I was raised a Catholic (I am a heathen now) so I am familiar with this thing. I wasn't about to download it just to look but I do not think a major game company should be providing this. I could understand if it was a smaller company that publishes religious games and other related products. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Be curious what your thoughts are.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think an advent calendar is bigger than just a religious thing. Might have originated from traditions there, but just remember that Santa Claus has been derived from the Dutch Sinterklaas, who was a holy man (saint) from the middle east and has been turned into a commercial thing by Coca Cola with reindeers.
I don't think many will make that link now and just grab the gifts from under the tree :loll:

And the tree originates from a pagan ritual that was later merged with christian religious beliefs into christmas. Just like some rituals in Central America are merged with Katholic beliefs. It is a way to attach locals to a new belief system. But nowadays, all that appears to be left of all these original beliefs and traditions, are the parties, festivities and gifts. :D

It is a nice initiative from Ubi Soft. But these gifts are, well... More like from Scrooge McUbi :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I am not against x-mas, I have a tree, lights in windows, lighted tree, Santa and Misses Claus in yard and generally enjoy the holiday. I also realize the holiday was co-opted by Christianity by merging pagan rituals as a way of control back in the olden days. Seems to me there are factions in play trying for that type of control in modern times.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Holiday wallpaper. But wait a moment... no 4K :doh:

:P
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Cocktail recipes today. Holiday drinking!!! I only had tee martoonies. :loll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Great, now i will have to go hunting for all the ingredients. ;)

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Great, now i will have to go hunting for all the ingredients. ;)
No copy write laws on drinks. All they did was take existing drinks and tack on some Ubi game name.

Ho Ho Ho, wallpaper again today. Some 6 figure salary marketing executive gets paid to think this stuff up. Ho Ho Ho!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote:Ho Ho Ho!
Wasn't that copyright protected?

New Ubi Game, Santa Shooter

Or is that inappropriate?

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Let me know if something worth getting turns up (highly unlikely :o ) i can't take anymore of the daily disappointment of checking. :P
Image Image

Return to “The Lay-by”