New Top Gear Presenter

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

According to the news on the net Chris Evans confirmed as new Top Gear presenter. :eeek:
Chris Evans has signed a three-year deal to lead a new Top Gear line-up, BBC have confirmed.
He will replace Jeremy Clarkson, who was sacked after punching a producer while on location.
Production on the new series of Top Gear will start in the next few weeks it was also announced.
The presenter said in a statement: "I’m thrilled, Top Gear is my favourite programme of all time. Created by a host of brilliant minds who love cars and understand how to make the massively complicated come across as fun, devil-may-care and effortless.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/116 ... enter.html
Personally I think he will make a good host for the show BUT it will never be the same again. :(
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

lol (not Captain America)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is good to see they will continue with Top Gear. Probably with a different vibe and attitude. Once upon a time Tiff Needell did the driving excellence for Top Gear. So Top Gear survived changes in the past.
There will be some competition from disgruntled ex employees. Netflix?

But Chris Evans is no Chris Harris on driving cars. They will need a real driver.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

According to the rumor mill Guy Martin the motor bike racer and all round speeder might be in the running as co host for Top Gear.
Guy-martin.jpg
Also when asked about this Chris Evans also thought he would be a good contender.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Even more surprising is the rumor about F1 Star Jenson Button to become one of the new hosts of Top Gear new style.

With former F1 World Champion Button, there won't really be a need for a Stig, won't there?
But i will look foward to his car tests. :party:

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Honestly, it's been said a million times, but the new version of TG will never be the same. While I'm sure it will be hilarious, it won't ever have that charm of 3 old Brits arguing over cars which is part of what made the original so amazing. :(
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There was a Top Gear before Jeremy Clarkson and there will be Top Gear after him as well.
That is probably what was stated in the BBC Boardroom. ;)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've got to be honest here and say I don't think Jenson Button is the right guy for this job, just because he comes from a racing background dose not make him a natural presenter for Top Gear.
I would love to see this guy Idris Elba get the job along with the guy I mentioned in an earlier post, Guy Martin as I think these two guys have the right personality for this kind of show.
Image Image

Return to “The Lay-by”