TDU Drivetime's upcoming Birthday Giveaway

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote:If we do games, for the consoles we could use gift cards [digital code] bought here and here. Let the players redeem the [digital code] on PSN Store or Xbox Live Store and buy any game they want. For the PC Steam is the most viable option.

Although I wouldn't mind tdudt merchandise.
I have looked at these and the problem is finding ones that are not locked it the country they are bought from. :(
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:if we do games i think Steam for PC and maybe box copy's for console would that work happy to help with cost involved :Taxi:
Steam works fine for PC its the consoles that throw up the problems with actual games as prizes (nothing is confirmed as yet so may not be games)

Problems can range from the game not being compatible in the winners country or if its a boxed game then postage costs on top of game cost and many other factors, with Steam you can gift games world wide on consoles you cannot. :(

I guess we could give away The Crew Wild Run CD Keys as they are on Uplay but not all members have The Crew. :(
Fulysic wrote:
happy to help with cost involved

I'm working on a new PayPal donation box so when up and running anyone who wants to help towards competition costs can do so by this. ;)
Anything however small will be appreciated. :D
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote:
dpuff wrote:If we do games, for the consoles we could use gift cards [digital code] bought here and here. Let the players redeem the [digital code] on PSN Store or Xbox Live Store and buy any game they want. For the PC Steam is the most viable option.

Although I wouldn't mind tdudt merchandise.
I have looked at these and the problem is finding ones that are not locked it the country they are bought from. :(
That is really not a problem, just do what I said in my previous post here.

"tell them to create a British-European secondary PSN/Live account to pick up their prize."
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Tsukishima wrote:
That is really not a problem, just do what I said in my previous post here.

"tell them to create a British-European secondary PSN/Live account to pick up their prize
Ok if this works like you say it dose then that would take care of Ps4
So now we just need to look at Xbox One, although keys from here might work so long as the country it listed ALLKEYSHOP
Then again I could just give the three winners one of these each and be done with it. :P
tdudtmug.JPG
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are other options as well, like this Humble Bundle with comics, based on games

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?logo ... 4dc5b76c74
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:There are other options as well, like this Humble Bundle with comics, based on games

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?logo ... 4dc5b76c74
Nice idea, I'm not a big comic reader myself but I do know people who are big readers of these.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i have been hanging around at the Humble site too much lately. Grabbed some bundles.
Still a long way to go until i catch up with Fulysic. :lol:

There are some free comic book samples you can download.

I just want to point out that if there are too many issues in giving away some games, that there are plenty of alternatives.
PC is easy with Steam. But those region things with consoles are annoying. I thought they got rid of that with the last gen.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I managed to get some cool Crew T-Shirts from IT 8-)

A couple will be given away at the Birthday give away festivities on TDUDT. :banana-dance:

But i will also give all Staff members one, as they put in a lot of effort to keep this forum clean of spammers and members in line :loll:

They only come in size M and L.

So stay tuned when and where things will happen. :party:

Return to “The Lay-by”