TDU Drivetime's upcoming Birthday Giveaway

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

As most of you will know by now I usually give away free stuff each year on TDU Drivetime's Birthday in free to enter competition to loyal TDUDT members and every year we have an argument on how best to go about picking the prizes. :violence-smack:

So as promised last year I said I would open a discussion topic before I decide on anything and give you the members a chance to throw some ideas on the table so we can hopefully keep everyone happy. :D

In the past I have always gone with the Steam approach to award the prizes as this is the easiest and most versatile method of getting games won as prizes to other members around the world however this has also met some criticism from members who do not use Steam and only play on consoles. :|
I do realise the members on here play on many different platforms but the problems I face when putting these competitions together are that in order to get the best prizes at the best prices I need to start searching for good deals well in advance and I also have no idea who is going to win so I will also have no idea what platform they play on. :?

One way around this would be to have a competition for each platform but with so many platforms this would be impractical and also expensive :shock: . If we could decide on say three platforms I might consider this idea but it would still be cutting it down from the main 5......PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Ps3,Ps4.

Anyway these are just a few of the ways we could go about this and the hole idea of this thread is for you guys the throw some ideas out into the mix till we can come up with something that will work and keep everyone happy, and don't forget if you don't contribute to this discussion then don't complain later if you don't like the outcome.

Also if anyone would like to donate any prizes for the competition (games, or anything that would be suitable as a prize) then please contact me here
Also anyone reading this and wishing to promote any products to donate as a prize can also contact me with regards to a free space on the index page to advertise the product in return for donating a prize. ;)

Competition will not start till late August:
Image Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I think we should do PS4, Xbox One and PC since most people here have moved on to a new gen system or PC.
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Prepsi wrote:I think we should do PS4, Xbox One and PC since most people here have moved on to a new gen system or PC.
PC, PS4 and PS3 would actually be a more logical choice if this poll is correct. ;)

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Pinduca wrote:
Prepsi wrote:I think we should do PS4, Xbox One and PC since most people here have moved on to a new gen system or PC.
PC, PS4 and PS3 would actually be a more logical choice if this poll is correct. ;)

And for the people that spent $350 on an Xbone only to find the giveaway would not include them? Last gen is pretty much dead anyways, lmao
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Pinduca wrote:

That is a very old poll :character-oldtimer:
Plus I cant believe I am the only member on this forum with an Xbox One. :o
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lets checkout first what members will bring in.

Most logical will be for PC, XBONE and PS4. Even if there are active threads for older platforms.
But there are other things that can be done as well. Like TDUDT merchandise ;)

I wouldn't mind having a TDUDT coffee mug to keep me awake during those early morning thread sweeps. :lol:

I will also have a look around
:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:
Pinduca wrote:

That is a very old poll :character-oldtimer:
Plus I cant believe I am the only member on this forum with an Xbox One. :o
Me, Hooksie, Eaustinn, and Lamboman all own one.... ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Here you go. :D
Mug.png
Image Image
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Prepsi wrote:
Pinduca wrote:

And for the people that spent $350 on an Xbone only to find the giveaway would not include them? Last gen is pretty much dead anyways, lmao
These people that spent $350 shouldn't really matter if the numbers in the poll were correct, but as Bezrider said, it's a very old poll and it's probably better to not totally rely on it, (no need for unnecessary childish laugh at the end of the paragraph)
MadManCK wrote:I wouldn't mind having a TDUDT coffee mug to keep me awake during those early morning thread sweeps. :lol:
I also wouldn't mind having one, it's actually a pretty cool idea...
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Prepsi wrote:Me, Hooksie, Eaustinn, and Lamboman all own one.... ;)
And even with that we still have more PS3 users than Xbox1's, try puttin' only the members that have been active lately and the number of Xbox1's users that are eligible for the competition in this forum gets down to 2. :|
Prepsi wrote:since most people here have moved on to a new gen system or PC.
Based on what, other than you?
Pinduca wrote:PC, PS4 and PS3 would actually be a more logical choice if this poll is correct. ;)

Nope, it isn't. There is sincerely nothing new in the PS3 that would attract me back to its generation, even though I have a really strong bias against Micro$oft, I'm also up for the more logical/realistic choice of PS4, PC and Xbox1 as the platforms for the competition.

As long as PS4 is in it, I'm fine.
Last edited by Miao on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!

Return to “The Lay-by”