Forum Poll

Drop in and chat about anything

Does Speed Elixir deserve its own forum?

To early to say, best wait and see.
63%
Yes go for it.
38%
No I don't think it's a good idea.
No votes

Total votes: 8
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok we haven't had a poll on TduDT fro a wile so I thought I would start one to get some advice. :mrgreen:

Since the announcement of the so called open world racer Speed Elixir for PC, Xbox One and Ps4 I have been considering the idea of giving the game its own forum as I think it would be a good idea for a forum like ours to get involved in something like this early on and follow its progress to the release in December. :D

However as we don't know much about the game yet it may not turn out to be the game we are hoping it to be, in this case it might be better off left in the "Other Racing Games" forum. :P

The dilemma is if we do that and leave it tucked away in another forum and it takes off we may lose some potentially new members and an opportunity to get behind this game and maybe even help like we did with The Crew.

So the questions is:
Does Speed Elixir deserve its own forum?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Way too early. Even if the idea is promising and the cars look good, the graphics and open world exploration look mediocre from the demo. The driving physics might be fun. Game is in pre-alpha. When beta testing begins and we are involved maybe.

If they decide to make TDUDT one of their official support forums and give early acces to the game to members and staff and maybe even invite us to some launch event, they can have their own forum. 8-)
Here at TDUDT, you can take nothing for granted. :mrgreen:

For now, just wait and see what they will deliver. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

considering this is car based gaming forum its best to jump in early no harm in having it there, if you don't make the move early im shore another community will

Does not really matter what they deliver as long as we ride the train and show interest, The online car game world is small compared to other gaming category's so why not create the section and strap in for the ride

Yes it will take time to develop and get a following but atleast you had your foot in the door first especially considering they do not have forum yet

:twocents-02cents:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is another way of looking at it. But i have seen them come and go. Projects and empty promises.
And considering the history of TDU2, it is a miracle that game was even released.
It is a lot harder than most think to create a true open world game.
From what i have seen in the demo, this does not even come close. But we can give them the benefit of the doubt. NP 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This is why I have set the poll, I agree with MadMan that its too early to tell yet but I also agree with Fulysic that we need to get our foot in the door just in case it does come good.

I don't know what to do best :? but I am coming down on the side of giving it a separate forum, as Fulysic says " Does not really matter what they deliver as long as we ride the train and show interest, The online car game world is small compared to other gaming category's so why not create the section and strap in for the ride" :D

After all if it doesn't pan out I can always move it back to a sub forum. :twisted:

Will give it another day or so to see if anyone else has an opinion before I make a decision. :party:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok so I've been giving this some thought. :think:
And what I have come up with is what I think is a compromise between giving this game its own forum and leaving it in a sub forum, I have decided to add it to the "Driving Games" forum. :)
This way it will be on the index page and visible for all to see and if it doesn't live up to the hype it will be dropped back to a sub forum. :twisted:
Image Image

Return to “The Lay-by”