24 Hours of Le Mans 2016

Drop in and chat about anything
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So Le Mans is this weekend, i had completely forgotten about it so, who do you think will win it this year, Porsche looks strong and Toyota might be back with a vengeance, and then there is Audi but they looked to be the slowest of them, but reliability is a big factor so who will have the best car?

Personally i think Porsche will have the best car, but Toyota could be interesting, but you can never disregard Audi when it comes to endurance racing.

Also can Ford make a winning comeback after being away for 50 years? I know Porsche's GT3R might be tough to beat as it is a proven racecar formula.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Personally, I'd love to see Rebellion winnin' in the LMP1 category, but I know that is near impossible. :lol:

So I think I'll root for Toyota since they're somewhat of an underdog. Audi is too ugly. Porsche is too overrated. ByKolles is really unreliable. And Rebellion is too slow. *Sigh* I really wish the LMP1 category had more entrants. :|

For LMP2, I guess KCMG could win it, again. And for GTE Pro/Am I'd rather see either Ford or Chevrolet winnin' it since they have the best lookin' cars.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did not forget about it. have been watching practice and qualifying sessions on Eurosport the whole week.

The LMP1 cars are FUGLY.
Don't they understand that these have to appeal to the public as well?

Ford is back and takes on Porsche and Ferrari. With some Corvettes in the field as well. That will be the most interesting class to watch. LMP2 will be with closed cockpit from now on. Some older cars still drive with open cockpits.

I will follow it with one eye. F1 in Baku and other things to do. Busy weekend. :mrgreen:

EDIT: LMP3 and GT3 are racing now. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Road to LeMans (GT3 and LMP3) race was pretty cool. 8-)
I like it that they can race each other. Where the LMP3 can brake later and have better cornering speeds, the GT3 have the edge on the straights.

That was an interesting race to watch. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea LMP1 is fugly indeed, they are all about the techshow, the real racing happens in the LMP2 and GT field.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

These crazy men drive like it is a sprint race, lol. :lol:
Let's see how long they can keep that up. :party:

http://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans/

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks like the Ford and Ferrari GTE Pro are around 5 seconds a lap faster than the rest of the field. These are both Turbo Powered engines. So something with the balancing has gone wrong.
Too bad as i would have liked a better battle in that class. Now the Aston, Porsche and Corvette are battling it out, but are behind the Fords and Ferraris, who seem to have an unfair advantage in this years Le Mans.

In LMP1 the Toyota is very competitive. I think it will go between them and Porsche. Audi is a dangerous outsider.

The Eurosport items with Tom Kristensen are very informative. It is great to see a great champion like him doing comments and even a demo lap in the pace car. He makes driving fast look so easy. Cool stuff 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Oh crap... The Toyota lost all power and the lead 2 laps to go that is just very sad :cry:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Oh crap... The Toyota lost all power and the lead 2 laps to go that is just very sad :cry:
Toyota is cursed. Every year some bullshit like that happens.

And now the victory goes to the 2nd most overrated car manufacturer of all. :roll:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Oh crap... The Toyota lost all power and the lead 2 laps to go that is just very sad :cry:
Toyota is cursed. Every year some bullshit like that happens.
Someone should investigate whether Mazda have several TS050 voodoo models with pins in them. :whistle:

Return to “The Lay-by”