Drop in and chat about anything
User avatar
By Zério
Rank: Pit Crew
#46084
Warachia wrote:Can't see what this is about (I cannot watch videos with sound), anyone care to explain?
Just some crap that should have been posted in that conspiracy thread in the Sin Bin instead.
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#46085
It was kinda ridiculous that the control over the Internet was still done by US Gov.
It is an international borderless place, where no government should get control over.

But who is ICANN anyway?

If this will lead to any restrictions to make money or else, Internet as we know it will die. But it won't get that far.
User avatar
By Whoamus
Rank: Pit Crew
#46090
MadManCK wrote:It was kinda ridiculous that the control over the Internet was still done by US Gov.
It is an international borderless place, where no government should get control over.

But who is ICANN anyway?

If this will lead to any restrictions to make money or else, Internet as we know it will die. But it won't get that far.
Here is a little history of ICANN from an article on Slate's website. This group has always provided the DNS since pretty much the beginning. The change wasn't really a big deal and any country who wants to block the Internet can do so without ICANN. The whole "it's a bad idea" was political, nothing more.

Also here is a Guardian article with an interesting video on the 14 people who have the keys to the Internet. Seven really but with seven back ups just in case.
User avatar
By Prepsi
Rank: Pit Crew
#46091
Zério wrote:
Warachia wrote:Can't see what this is about (I cannot watch videos with sound), anyone care to explain?
Just some crap that should have been posted in that conspiracy thread in the Sin Bin instead.
+1, it's bad enough that that thread exists, but I will go insane if this starts leaking into the "normal" boards.
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#46092
Whoamus wrote:
Here is a little history of ICANN from an article on Slate's website. This group has always provided the DNS since pretty much the beginning. The change wasn't really a big deal and any country who wants to block the Internet can do so without ICANN. The whole "it's a bad idea" was political, nothing more.

Also here is a Guardian article with an interesting video on the 14 people who have the keys to the Internet. Seven really but with seven back ups just in case.
Thanks for the links :mrgreen:
User avatar
By Bezrider
Rank: Website Owner
#46094
Prepsi wrote:
Zério wrote:
Warachia wrote:Can't see what this is about (I cannot watch videos with sound), anyone care to explain?
Just some crap that should have been posted in that conspiracy thread in the Sin Bin instead.
+1, it's bad enough that that thread exists, but I will go insane if this starts leaking into the "normal" boards.
Don't you like free speech.? :mrgreen:

And this won't be the first time you go insane. :P
User avatar
By Prepsi
Rank: Pit Crew
#46095
Bezrider wrote:
Prepsi wrote:
Zério wrote:
Warachia wrote:Can't see what this is about (I cannot watch videos with sound), anyone care to explain?
Just some crap that should have been posted in that conspiracy thread in the Sin Bin instead.
+1, it's bad enough that that thread exists, but I will go insane if this starts leaking into the "normal" boards.
Don't you like free speech.? :mrgreen:

And this won't be the first time you go insane. :P
I'm not anti conspiracy, because there are certainly legitimate conspiracies that have gone down in recent history (CIA overthrowing Democratic governments, COINTELPRO monitoring people like MLK, and the questionable motives behind most of the armed conflicts of recent times), but 90 percent of the stuff that gets posted there is the type of stuff you'd see on InfoWars. Think Anti Vaxxing, Infinite Power hoax, and putting chemicals in the water to make people gay.
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#46097
Infowars is most likely also fed by US government agencies. And things like fluoride are added to drinking water in your country. It has been proven that it makes people stupid. Not gay. :lol:
You can always post stuff like that in Luny's conspiracy and better World thread. If you think these are more valid points than what is posted. That is where that thread is for and also to discuss opinions of others about these issues.


Anyway, back on topic.

:back to topic:
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018

The chrome one with the bubble top :P

Formula1 Talk

Mercedes 2018 weapon. If it drives like it looks,[…]

New Burnout

Backwards compatibility with XB1 is mandatory for […]

The Petrolheads Thread

https://youtu.be/E-Rh8os40Ts