Can someone help me translate this French text? [SOLVED]

Drop in and chat about anything
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Does anyone in this forum know French well to translate things? (I know I don't).

There's this one text about a car from Sbarro that I'd like to know about but due to poor media coverage only French articles can be found about it. Can someone help me?

And please don't direct me to Google translator, it's just awful.

Sbarro Haze Concept : un concept-car évolutif dévoilé à Genève 2016

Les élèves de la promotion 2015-2016 de l'école Espera Sbarro de Montbéliard présentent au salon de Genève leur nouveau concept, un prototype sportif d'endurance baptisé Haze et qui se veut évolutif. Il progressera au fil des années.

Aux côtés de la Miglia à moteur V8 Porsche réalisée par les étudiants de la promotion 2014-2015, l’école Espera Sbarro fondée par le designer Franco Sbarro dévoile son concept sportif Haze au salon de Genève, réalisé par les étudiants de la promotion 2015-2016.

“Il a fallu 68 jours seulement aux étudiants pour construire ce concept“

Il a fallu 68 jours seulement à ces 28 apprentis pour le monter de toutes pièces. Le timing était juste : le prototype a été achevé il y a cinq jours seulement !

300 chevaux... pour le moment
Contrairement à ceux des autres années, ce concept se veut évolutif. Il progressera au fil des ans et des promotions, aussi bien en termes de design que d’aérodynamisme ou de puissance. Pour le moment, il revendique 300 chevaux, tirés d’un 5 cylindres 2.2 turbocompressé Audi qui se contentait de 230 ch sous le capot de la S4 de première génération dans laquelle il a été récupéré.

Le concept Haze repose sur un châssis acier multitubulaire.

Pensé pour l’endurance voire une homologation LMP, le concept Haze repose sur un châssis acier multitubulaire et envoie sa puissance aux roues arrière par l’intermédiaire d’une boîte manuelle à cinq rapports. La carrosserie réalisée en matériaux composites permet de limiter le poids à 900 kilos seulement.

280 km/h espérés
Ce sont les élèves qui ont dessiné, façonné et assemblé cette voiture, créant notamment les pièces de carrosserie et le châssis, mais aussi les sièges et le volant. Ils sont passés par des fournisseurs pour les freins, les suspensions et les jantes, par exemple.

“L’objectif est désormais de faire rouler ce concept Haze sur circuit“

L’objectif est désormais de faire rouler ce concept Haze sur circuit, où il pourrait atteindre une vitesse maximale estimée à 280 km/h. Un engagement en compétition ? C’est plus un doux rêve qui paraît difficilement accessible aujourd’hui. Mais après tout, pourquoi pas… En attendant, on est déjà curieux de savoir quelles évolutions lui seront apportées dans les années à venir.

Le siège et le volant ont été dessinés, façonnés et assemblés par les étudiants de l'école Espera Sbarro.

http://www.largus.fr/geneve/sbarro-haze ... 80386.html
Thanks in advance. :D
Last edited by Miao on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Langue is french for language in case you didn't know or didn't read between the lines.
If you know that much about French then maybe ya could help me with this. Image

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2558
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Can't really help you with that as my French is as fluent as my Swahili and Retoroman. But it is a project of Sbarros design school.

It looks more like a LM Racer than an actual car. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:But it is a project of Sbarros design school.

It looks more like a LM Racer than an actual car. :lol:
Thank you so much, Captain Obvious. Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Miao wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Langue is french for language in case you didn't know or didn't read between the lines.
If you know that much about French then maybe ya could help me with this. Image

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2558
Hahah no, i just got lucky with a typo, i don't know a thing about French so i can't really help you there.
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

That car looks really good.

Someone needs to translate that text.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Google Translate seems to decode it just fine, why didn't you use Google Translate if you needed it so badly, French to English seems to be pretty good for translating unlike German to English :lol:

But here you go.
Sbarro Haze Concept: an evolving concept car unveiled in Geneva 2016

Students at the 2015-2016 school of Espera Sbarro de Montbéliard will present at the Geneva Motor Show their new concept, a sporting prototype of endurance called Haze and intended to evolve. It will progress over the years.

The Espera Sbarro school, founded by designer Franco Sbarro, unveils the Haze concept at the Geneva Motor Show, designed by the students of the 2015-20 promotion, alongside the Miglia with the Porsche V8 engine, 2016.

"It took the students only 68 days to build this concept"

It took only 68 days for these 28 apprentices to mount it from scratch. The timing was right: the prototype was completed only five days ago!

300 horses ... for the moment
Unlike in other years, this concept is meant to evolve. It will progress over the years and promotions, as well in terms of design as aerodynamics or power. For now, it boasts 300 horsepower, drawn from a 5-cylinder 2.2 turbocharged Audi that was satisfied with 230 hp under the hood of the first-generation S4 in which it was recovered.

Picture
The Haze concept is based on a multi-tubular steel chassis.

Thought for endurance or even LMP homologation, the Haze concept is based on a multi-tubular steel chassis and sends its power to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual transmission. The bodywork made of composite materials makes it possible to limit the weight to 900 kilos only.

280 km / h expected
It was the students who designed, shaped and assembled the car, creating the body parts and chassis, as well as the seats and the steering wheel. They went through suppliers for brakes, suspensions and rims, for example.

"The objective is now to roll this concept Haze on circuit"

The objective is now to run this Haze concept on circuit, where it could reach a maximum speed estimated at 280 km / h. A commitment in competition? It is more a sweet dream that seems hardly accessible today. But after all, why not ... In the meantime, we are already curious to know what evolutions will be brought to him in the years to come.

Picture
The seat and the steering wheel were designed, shaped and assembled by the students of the Espera Sbarro school.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Google Translate seems to decode it just fine, why didn't you use Google Translate if you needed it so badly, French to English seems to be pretty good for translating unlike German to English :lol:
I didn't because I thought it would be a waste of time, some time ago I tried translatin' an article about Venturi and the result was a text that looked like if it was written by a 5 year old. Thank you for translatin' the text, it's good to see Google has improved their French to English translations since then, I'll never more need to worry about not bein' able to get info on Sbarro cars anymore. :mrgreen: unless the info is in Italian...

Spanish and Portuguese to English are still mediocre, though.

Return to “The Lay-by”