Youtube in "Dark modus"

Drop in and chat about anything
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

want U're YT in black in stead of white?

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks Luny didn't know about this. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have been using it for months now with the coding, but it stopped working a few weeks ago, but good to know how to get it to work again.

But for the mean time i use an extension for Youtube than makes it a dark mode too, it's called "Dark Skin for Youtube" and it works pretty well too, but i do miss the flexible full screen video player in the new version of Youtube - the current version only have presets for the video window, while the new version is flexible.

But maybe i can get lucky soon and get into their program. . . . But it seems they have closed it, as they no doubt have millions of users jumping at the chance to test it out.

So i'll keep using my Youtube extension for now.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:41 am I have been using it for months now with the coding, but it stopped working a few weeks ago, but good to know how to get it to work again.

But for the mean time i use an extension for Youtube than makes it a dark mode too, it's called "Dark Skin for Youtube" and it works pretty well too, but i do miss the flexible full screen video player in the new version of Youtube - the current version only have presets for the video window, while the new version is flexible.

But maybe i can get lucky soon and get into their program. . . . But it seems they have closed it, as they no doubt have millions of users jumping at the chance to test it out.

So i'll keep using my Youtube extension for now.
Worked first time for me :D guess I got lucky. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 pmWorked first time for me :D guess I got lucky. :mrgreen:

I could get it to work too, but apparently my main Youtube account is setup as a secondary burn account... no idea why, but if i use the Google+ (Gmail / main google) linked account then i can select the the new theme, but i cannot do that with the other account.

Strange but Google is strange like that.
- - -
Ah after more digging around in the Google settings i came to conclusion that i must have made the secondary "Beardroid91" account to hide my real name on YouTube, which i still kind of want to do, so i'll just wait for the new black theme to make it to the base YouTube.

And like i mentioned in a post before, then the Chrome extension works really well too, plus i already tested the new theme, so i can wait. ;)

Return to “The Lay-by”